+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Drunk words = sober thoughts?

Drunk words = sober thoughts?

Hi everyone,

I will try to keep this simple. I started dating this guy a few months ago. At first he seemed to be moving too quickly, by saying i love you a couple of times, saying that we are 'together', making plans etc. It even scared me a bit. After a month and a half when i finally started to catch up and decided to talk to him about us being in a relationship he all of a sudden said that he is not looking for anything serious! Imagine my surprise!

A few hours later (when drunk) he sent me messages telling me how much he wants to be with me and how much he misses me. This has been a reoccurring issue since then. We havent seen each other in a couple of weeks and to me it seems that he doesn't want to see me because he is busy 'going to the gym' or 'drinking with his mates'. At the same time though he keeps messaging me and texting me, telling me how much he wants to be with me?!

I know it all sounds pretty simple. He is having fun and keeping me on a leash and I am pretty close to ending things but when he is drunk he talks about us being in a relationship, questions my single status in facebook, acts jealous, and basically behaves the way he did in the very beginning when we started seeing each other. So my question is, do you think that when he is drunk he actually tells me what he means to and wants to say, or what a part of him wants to say anyway? Or is it all just bullshit? He said that the 'i love you's were a joke? How can that be a joke? And he always acts a bit weird the day after he's been drunk. I just don't understand how someone can be so inconsistent and give so many mixed signals.

Thanks for your time!

He sounds like a nutter. Move on and find someone who's actions are consistent.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Hes just messing with your head. Hell string you along for as long as you let him. Block him from your phone and forget about him. Hes not worth it. Sounds like npd to me.. And that means RUN

So my question is, do you think that when he is drunk he actually tells me what he means to and wants to say, or what a part of him wants to say anyway? Or is it all just bullshit?
    Words are just words. You have to pay attention to his actions to know what his truth is. His actions show you that he simply calls you up when he's horny and that is all he misses... the sex you guys share.

So in one line: He's a drunk who has deemed you a good fk buddy who knows what to say to you to get you to cave and let him come over for a little suppin~suppin.

He is having fun and keeping me on a leash and I am pretty close to ending things
    You answered your own thread. By "pretty close" I trust you mean before the next sex session since you obviously are worth more than a drunk who shags you once every two weeks (or less) and is too busy for anything else.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 09-04-13 at 08:36 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Michelle23, the more I think about it, the more it sounds like npd sadly

Wakeup, I know you are right, I just really liked him for some reason, or maybe I just liked the challenge, not sure. But yeah, that's not how you treat people you respect, so it's over, I think I needed three strangers to show me how naive I am being.