+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How much time apart is too much??

How much time apart is too much??

Hi

I’ve been with my boyfriend for 3 months now and I feel like I’ve only seen him a handful of times.
    We both play sport which takes up every single day of the week and then on weekends he has to fit his mates in and it leaves little time for us.
    When I see him it’s generally 8.30 at night and we just go to sleep and wake up early and go to work.
    Is seeing your partner only once a week acceptable? or am I being unreasonable?

I’ve never been so in love with someone but felt so alone!! Do you stay in a relationship like that?

it really comes down to what is acceptable to you. If you're not happy and it won't change, then you need to consider seeing other people. I'd recommend sitting down with him and seeing if there is a way to make your schedules match a bit better so you can see each other more than once a week.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

JBELL, I wouldn't bother being with someone I only saw once a week. But this is your decision - not mine.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I was in a similar relationship - only saw my boyfriend once a week, twice at the most. And even then it was mid-week when we were both tired. Needless to say, the relationship just died...I did everything alone (or with friends), he wasn't really a part of my life...in fact, we were together so rarely that my best friend had never even met him.
    I just don't think a relationship can grow when you see each other so rarely...it takes time and effort to make something work. Clearly he doesn't have the motivation or time.

Express your concerns...if he refuses then I guess you should take the hint and move on.

I wouldn't waste my time if it was only once a week. It sounds like everything else is more important than you. Thats not good enough for me. I come first lol!