+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Open discussion. Love stories

Open discussion. Love stories

Anyone with love stories in which you and your partner went through a lot to have a happy ending?

God no. If you've got to go through a lot, then it's not worth it. Trying to put a round shape in a square hole is not my style.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    God no. If you've got to go through a lot, then it's not worth it. Trying to put a round shape in a square hole is not my style.
    I disagree. My wife and I both went through a lot to get to where we are. Just not with each other.

Well, there was the time at work when I really liked this girl, and I mean she was so fun and easy to flirt with for a guy who doesn't know how, and she'd walk by and every time pull on the back of my overalls until they snapped. I was going to ask her out....but then she said she was moving up north to go to school and so I was utterly crushed and just had to let her go.

Then there was the girl in high school, we both mutually kinda stared at each other, I forget how we started talking.. Boy she was incredible! She gave me a plush hockey puck once. But then one day, she talked about her new boyfriend and showed me a condom. She said she and her b/f were going to go behind the movie theater where there was a couch.

I've already mentioned several times about the one girl I never had trouble talking to but had to let her go since I had turned 18 and she was 16. I've consequently never been able to talk to girls since. And every time after she turned 18 that I tried to get something going with her, the chemistry was PLAINLY gone. In fact, what I've NOT mentioned is the fact that this was in senior year; it was the best time of my life. I was sociable, so optimistic about the future or in general, willing to talk to the new, didn't feel horrifically out of place...and then one day she messaged me saying she hooked up with my best friend. That was the beginning of my cynicism, which ultimately cost me my job of several years, lost me numerous friends, had me contemplating suicide so many times, and just in general caused a huge existential crisis. I felt completely displaced.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 12-04-13 at 01:25 PM.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    And every time after she turned 18 that I tried to get something going with her, the chemistry was PLAINLY gone. In fact, what I've NOT mentioned is the fact that this was in senior year; it was the best time of my life. I was sociable, so optimistic about the future or in general, willing to talk to the new, didn't feel horrifically out of place...and then one day she messaged me saying she hooked up with my best friend. That was the beginning of my cynicism, which ultimately cost me my job of several years, lost me numerous friends, had me contemplating suicide so many times, and just in general caused a huge existential crisis. I felt completely displaced.
    ROFL, that's hysterical. You're carry on about being a victim when the fact is you she slept with your mate AFTER you dumped her like yesterday's trash. If that's not karma for you dumping her, I don't know what is. You are a freakin' idiot.

Man, she sure got her revenge on you. And you deserved every bit of it. hahahaha

You are SOOOO not going to live this down. Each time you cry about how terrible that mate and girl was to you, I'll remind you that you brought this on yourself.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 12-04-13 at 02:49 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You completely misread that. She hooked up with him when we were seeing each other. So you should apologize for completely flying off the handle and being utterly wrong.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

But you wrote this after she turned 18.

You're not making sense..

You're talking about trying to get back with her after she turned 18. If she's slept with your mate when she was 16 and you'd turned all hating, bitter and cynical after that, you wouldn't be trying to get her back two years later when she was 18.

And why the F do you think a girl you'd dumped for no better reason than you had turned 18 would give you another chance? You're absolutely delusional

We weren't in a relationship. We sort of dated. I just loved how much chemistry we had that eventually I overlooked that she hooked up with him (wasn't sex).

So, you're making a mountain out of a molehill....

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina26 View Post
    Anyone with love stories in which you and your partner went through a lot to have a happy ending?
    When my girl and I fukk we go through all kinds of turmoil and craziness until we cum like stallions - endings don't get much happier than that.

I haven't had any love story that ended happily for both, but I think that it's worth it to fight for what you believe in (the love in this case) until you reach your breaking point. We, as human beings, have to determine what that point is. And the more we go through determines whether or not we'll always hang on. So, I would say that there are definitely stories like Basil's that go pretty well together and then others where it *was* a battle at times (in past tense) and the waters calmed. Think of it like a man who is involved with a woman after she's suffering the aftermath of finally getting away from an abusive ex-husband (six months to a year prior to the date). Now, he could leave her if her lowered self esteem and shy personality gets to be too straining on the relationship. Or...she could come out of her shell again and, after the struggle with that part of her, she can finally be comfortable once again and not plague her relationship.
    Does that make sense?