+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I Reading Too Much Into It?

Am I Reading Too Much Into It?

Hey

So I have known this girl for 2 years, but we have never really spoken, just gone to the same school and been friends on Facebook. Last night we spoke on Facebook for the first time and then she wanted to add me on Skype and also texted me, getting my number off my facebook profile.

We had a good conversation, she is one of those girls who says "hahaha" a lot and puts "xxx" to most people so I'm not really taking them as a sign of anything more just yet. We both recently broke up with ex-partners of two years and we spoke for a bit about break ups etc and how we were both glad to be over them and single again. We were just getting to know each other so there were a lot of questions about education, family etc. The conversation definitely flowed and it felt like we were both enjoying it.

I was just curious what you guys thought. Is it a positive sign that she asked for my Skype and texted me her number within a few hours of speaking to her? I think she is a really nice girl and very attractive, I'd love to get to know her but I don't want to read too much into it just yet. Your opinions?

Read into it. Ask her out next time you talk to her. That means think of specific place and time, and ask her to meet you then and there. If she dodges, tell her to let you know when she can, and stop responding to her immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Read into it. Ask her out next time you talk to her. That means think of specific place and time, and ask her to meet you then and there. If she dodges, tell her to let you know when she can, and stop responding to her immediately.
    We have only spoken for a few hours, do you not think it's a bit early? She has just broken up with her ex, I think it'd be a bit soon anyway. I'm in no rush, I'll talk to her tonight if she doesn't talk to me first, but I'd prefer to get to know her better before asking her on a date.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkusP View Post
    We have only spoken for a few hours, do you not think it's a bit early? She has just broken up with her ex, I think it'd be a bit soon anyway. I'm in no rush, I'll talk to her tonight if she doesn't talk to me first, but I'd prefer to get to know her better before asking her on a date.
    sounds like the best way to do it on paper. get to know a girl better. u wud think a girl wud appreciate that. DO THIS and ul end up in the friendzone. get to know her after uv slept with her

No, it's not too early.
    Last edited by HeartIsAching; 13-04-13 at 01:36 AM.

You've known her for 2 ****ING YEARS!!

You go on dates to get to know people better, not by texting on facebook. Have fun in the friendzone. Please come back in 6 months when you're talking to her everyday and she won't have sex with you so I can laugh in your face(figuratively of course, I will actually just be laughing at my monitor, with coworkers staring oddly at me).

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    You've known her for 2 ****ING YEARS!!

You go on dates to get to know people better, not by texting on facebook. Have fun in the friendzone. Please come back in 6 months when you're talking to her everyday and she won't have sex with you so I can laugh in your face(figuratively of course, I will actually just be laughing at my monitor, with coworkers staring oddly at me).
    lol but true

Give him a break. The guy is shy. Even if he go to the date he might end up in friendzone. Who told you he will have the courage to touch her or express his feelings openly?

However date is good idea. Even if its lame or total disaster bet it will feel much better than sitting in front of PC.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will