+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My guy "friend" acts like an idiot.

My guy "friend" acts like an idiot.

I started talking to a girl I really like. Later on I found out that a guy from my class also likes her but doesn't have the guts to start a more personal conversation with her.

As soon as I start talking to her he makes fun of me, loud enough so everyone can hear it (especially this girl and my other friends).

He's trying to make others make fun of me aswell. I don't know if he wants to embarrass me or if he's trying to dissuade me from talking to her so that he gets a chance to hit on her. Either way, I don't think I should stop because he's acting like an annoying little kid (we're both 17 so I think he's old enough to realize that what he is doing is completely stupid).

Should I ignore him and keep doing what I want? Any advice would be appreciated.

Pretend he doesn't exist. Keep hitting on this girl in front him. He's a bitch. Are you?

You could also put him on the spot next time he does it. "Dude are you just mad that <insert girl's name here> won't talk to you?" Guaranteed crickets for the rest of the year from him.

Actualy hes giving you advantage. If a girl sees that you overcome obstacles to get to her it will make her only more atracted to you. But in the end guy with guts to take what he wants will win.

Heres example:

youtube.com/watch?v=5jHWD3WNCEQ

0:45
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I'm not affraid of talking to her in front of him. That's how I knew what he was doing. Just before the class ended I started talking to her.

I was talking about the weekend and then I noticed he was looking at me and telling a lot of things about me to the guy right next to him. He was pointing at me, thinking I wouldn't notice, and that gave him away.

What if he tells the girl that I like her? I mean will she think I'm weird or will she ignore the guy because he's just being jealous?

She will think that you are freak if you take serious what others is saying. Imagine that some other girl trying to block her - would you listen to her or the girl that you like?

People might think whatever they want but in the end of the day none of it matters.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

She definitely will not think you're weird, especially if she likes you, which she has shown at least some interest. Just keep talking to her, and ask her out relatively soon if that's what you want to do. Ignore the other guy. Do what you want to do, and ultimately that's what girls want in a guy. I was a whipped little bitch for a while, always trying to get girls to like me. Once I stopped giving a ****, and stopped trying to portray myself as perfect to get a girl, they started laying down left and right. It's not about being a bad boy or anything, it's just about doing what makes you happy and telling anyone with anything to say about it, to **** off.

He's acting like an idiot but don't let that fool you: he really is one.

Don't keep bad company: he's not acting like any class of "friend" or even acquaintance so don't have anything more to do with this guy. What an a-hole!
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

A lot of people say that confidence is the key, let's see if it works Even if he tells her that I like her I'm going to keep doing my thing to see if she can laugh about it. Wish me luck.

Duh...he isn't secure enough to ask her out himself, so he is trying to ward off any other pursuers indirectly. Lucky for you, she will see how much of a tool he actually is....yes I agree this will play in your favor and definitly not his.....he is digging is own grave on this one so let him keep at it.

Now, now, then again he might not be a "tool" or an "a-hole"...maybe he's just a good guy gone astray. Women tend to be the causes of changes in guys' temperaments and sanity.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

He's a bitch.

OP, man up and ignore the guy. It's really not a hard decision to make. He's not worth getting into a fight over, so don't even think of going down that road..
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 16-04-13 at 07:09 AM.

Ignore him and if he persists to annoy you confront him when she is not around. IMHO he will give up when he realizes you are not phased by his immature BS.

The best way to handle these jealous phaggot losers is to call them out on their bullshit.

I used to have a buddy who would pull this bs all the time. I'd be talking to this girl he had a crush on (not even picking her up, just friendly chatting - she and I had been close friends for a long time) and he'd interrupt me saying dumb shit like "dude stop trying to get in her pants you're such a creep". One day, I replied by saying "bro, if you weren't too much of a fukking pussy to ask her out you wouldn't have to try and sabotage our conversations like the jealous phaggot you are. But by all means, keep acting like a dumbass in front of her, can't you see how impressed she is with your jealousy and immaturity?" This lead him on a downward spiral where his ego got so fragile and out of control that every time he saw me talk to her he would go apeshit and try 100x harder than ever before to sabotage us but he would only make an insecure ass out of himself in doing so.

One time he bought chocolates for her on valentines day, kinda phaggy but at least he did something himself instead of try and drag everyone else down. Just to be an ass and magnify his jealousy I walked up to them and was like "awesome! Thanks for the candy!" and she and I started hand-feeding them to each other in front of him lmao. I swear he was seconds away from taking a swing at me. To this day it was the sweetest destruction of a jealous beta I've ever pulled off.

He stopped hanging out with me after that but all the better - less chance of his retardedness rubbing off on me.

I wish I could take credit for him having no chance with her but alas, he was already too much of a loser for her to begin with, I just helped expose him a little faster than he could've done on his own.

You're so right. I was going to suggest he call him out on it earlier but I didn't have time. Best advice. Because when you normally don't comment or correct people, you will shock the hell out of them by calling them out and don't be real mad about it. Just do it and stay cool, calm and collected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast