+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I think I may have scared him off

Angry I think I may have scared him off

Ok. I have been seeing this guy for 10 weeks now. He's a very private person, these guys that treasure their space. I'm far more expressive and open than he is, clearly. The entire time I have been dating him I have been very careful not to say things that will freak him out or ask things that he would consider invasive. I have seen him consecutively for 10 weeks and have been introduced to his friends and family. But this past weekend I handed him an invitation to my best friend's wedding, which is 10 weeks away! Although this was a clear indication of my feelings and how I sincerely do anticipate to be with him then, I feel I may have freaked him out with such a presumption! What do you guys think?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it all depends how he took it. some guys don't catch on fairly quickly and you know that both guys and girls communicate on different levels. personally if i have gotten an invitatin of that sort, i wouldn't think much of it, but you wanted my company with your friends and you wanted me to meet more of your friends. i think that you need not worry, because whether he trips or not, it doesn't seem serious. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

you could just let him know you needed a date to be at the wedding, just to accompany you, nothing else but that, let him know you'll be very grateful that he'll attend it with you.
    some guys just need reassuring and time to adapt to some ideas.
    though you shouldn't have intro him so quickly to family members, ask him if things are ok.
    you gonna show that you understand how he feels and more communication will be better.
    gd luck
    ( ._.)(._. ) *meow meow* ( ._.)(._. )