+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ugh high school homewrecker!

Ugh high school homewrecker!

So I really like this guy who is one of my best friends and although I've been overthinking it and worrying that I've been "friendzoned", I've been starting to think that there is a really good chance of us getting together. It was his birthday last week and I made him these two cards that I worked on for weeks. This girl "X", who used to be one of my friends but started all these terrible rumors and tried to split our group up, knew how I felt for this guy, and a while ago decided that she was madly in love with him. Her crush barely lasted two weeks because he barely knows her or talks to her. Even though my friends kept on telling me she was a manipulative brat, I kept on trying to be nice to her, and two weeks ago she asked me what I was doing for his birthday so I told her my secret present that only 4 others knew, because I trusted her even when nobody else did. Anyway last week on his birthday, she shows up to school with a box of cookies, which at our school isn't that common. When he saw it he didn't even know who it was from and was really shocked and surprised even after he read the card along with them. I gave him my two cards (one had all the things he hated and the other was really nice and cute) and he had a huge smile and gave me a really big hug. I know that he doesn't like her because of his shock, his reaction to my gift, and how he gave away almost all the cookies except for 3. I'm just afraid that because he's such a nice guy, he'll feel guilty and think that he has to start flirting or hanging out with her because she made him food, even if he hadn't even considered talking to her before. I'm just so mad because she knew there was something going on between us, but she still had to interfere with something good.

>>he'll feel guilty and think that he has to start flirting or hanging out with her because she made him food, even if he hadn't even considered talking to her before.<<

Hon, if a box of cookies can have this outcome - every girl who wants a particular man will be coming for the recipe.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thanks you're right. I mean I trust him a lot and I figure that things will get back to normal soon enough!! I don't know if I'm justified in feeling mad at her for doing that though.

Honestly? If he was your boyfriend, you'd have every reason to get mad. But he's not your boyfriend, so any girl has the right to make a play for him.

Also, your trust of him has nothing to do with it. Again, he's not your boyfriend and does not need to stay true to you.

Perhaps you're mad because she had the guts to make a move while you're dithering about too afraid to say or do anything?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.