+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: describe your perfect partner and yourself

describe your perfect partner and yourself

Greetings,

consider this for some sort of fun. If you have time and you are in the mood, than please:

describe your image of perfect partner

1) mention his age, social status /probably his profession/, his appearance, his attributes etc.

2) describe yourself: what you mentioned about his mention also about yourself - your age, your status,your education, your income, your apearance, etc.... OR what makes you valuable in the market? (because for example you are very attractive but donīt expect man to be so much as you. So mention your attractivenes as your personal asset)

note : this is not experiment how realistic your expectations are! I am (just for fun and because I cant sleep, nothing more ) trying to find out - typical attributes of desierd man related to description of respondents. For example, university educated 25-35 y.o. middle class over-average attractive woman is into less attractive but more educated and successful person than herself. Woman with basic education and doing manual labour expect handome strong person but hight income is not that essential than appearance, for exaple... You dont have to be very specific about your privaci, if you want to mention your income, mention only "over-average in my branch as doctor" for example...

again, consider it for fun

male 45-55. Middle class. Profession unimportant, but must be employed and able to support himself. Appearance is not important, but I would probably draw the line at someone who was morbidly obese. Height unimportant. Religion: Any religion OK, but must not push your views on me. Social drinker, non smoker. Attributes: Patient, kind, not prone to temper tantrums, doesn't yell or swear around me. Left wing or swinging voter. Must be an adventurous eater. Has a good work-life balance.

Me: (I'm glad I'm not doing this for real. I'd have a very tough time finding someone who'd take me on)

I'm the primary carer of my son who is disabled young man. He is likely to live with me for the medium/long term and will never be independent. He has behavioural issues on occasion which a man would need to be able to cope with in a respectful manner. I cannot work because of my duties as a carer. But I'm a damn good cook - so I could be the domestic goddess.

I'm 45, average weight, 5'7". Left school at 16 and have been continually employed until I became a mother/carer. I'm calm tempered (except with some particular developers who's proposal will have devastating effects on my home and family) and like to solve problems without raised voices. I like to laugh at stupid stuff and get serious about important stuff. I ski in winter and surf in summer. My perfect man would enjoy both activities with me - within the limitations of my duties as a carer.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 23-04-13 at 12:53 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Me:
    Current Age: I'll be sixteen in a few days
    Social Class: I guess I'm middle class
    Studies: I'm currently studying the first year of high and plan to become a computer programmer
    Income: None yet, but I am trying to convince my parents to let me work so I can save up for studying abroad!
    Appearance: Light skin; round-ish face; blue-gray eyes; dark brown, wavy, sometimes frizzy hair; big ears...
    Attributes: I have to fight myself to be patient, but I'm not afraid to dream big. I love trying new things. I am very compassionate and hold very firmly to my morals, especially honesty. I can be strong. I am easily annoyed by people I dislike, but I am extremely loyal to those I know and love. I'm smart and I don't mind showing it. I like intelligent people who are also kind and loving. I get very passionate about things I like or need, such as getting good grades in school. I'm also quite responsible.

Mr. Perfect*
    Age: To me, only love matters, not age (though within certain limits). I guess 30 is about as high as I'd go.
    Social Class: Any! I don't care.
    Studies: I would greatly prefer that he be an intelligent, well-educated person.
    Income: Again, I would prefer that he have a steady, reliable income, but if he is a good person this wouldn't matter. I can work, too.
    Appearance: Usually I prefer blondes, but light-skinned, blue-eyed, brown-haired guys drive me crazy! But "love is all that matters", and beauty is only skin deep.
    Attributes: He must be kind, compassionate, strong, resourceful, responsible, and loyal, like myself. He must be intelligent, too. I would love it if he could speak multiple languages, and especially if he could sing well, and appreciate art and beauty! And above all, he must be sincere and loving! I am desperate for love, and if he would love me, really love me, I would love him wholly, unreservedly and fully! I would love for him to be a nerd, too, like myself. But I wouldn't want to marry until I finish my career and have a good job.

*Those of you who have read my other thread will know to whom this is a veiled reference
    Last edited by Princess Kiara; 24-04-13 at 12:15 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world -

Burn the page for me
    I cannot erase the time of sleep
    I cannot be loved so set me free
    I cannot deliver your love or caress your soul...

Him:

Education: preferably he would be either in university or a university graduate. What is really important to me is that he must not be less intelligent than me (not to say that I'm particularly intelligent, just that I wouldn't want a guy that was even LESS intelligent than myself).
    Profession: university student, preferably. Scientist/researcher would be OK too. But it's not really that important - as long as he's self-sufficient and doing something that he enjoys and that he finds interesting and stimulating, something he can talk to me about with excitement and satisfaction in his eyes.
    Religion: not important, as long as he isn't a fanatic bigot (even atheists can be fanatics, btw).
    Appearance: the one thing that is really important is that he must have intelligent/bright eyes and good personal hygiene. He also shouldn't be obese. As for "style": I am not attracted to guys who "try too hard" with aftershave, eyebrow-plucking, designer clothes, etc. I like simple, confident guys. A bit on the nerdy side would be great :-).
    Personality: he must be a good person, I have no time or patience for jerks (this also rules out any type of violent person). We must share close-to-perfect communication and a compatible sense of humor. He also should be psychologically healthy, i.e. not suffering with depression or anxiety or other debilitating issues: he should be confident and generally happy. I have a thing for interesting people with interesting little "quirks" that other people may find peculiar (nothing serial killer-ish, just little things like, for example, vegetable gardening as a hobby - considering the age range, it is rather rare). He should be open-minded, curious, and passionate about the things he cares about. It would be great if he loved to travel, because I do and I would want him to come with me.

Me:

Education/profession: university student (the other things I do are minor and temporary).
    Religion: agnostic.
    Appearance: I'm quite slim, average height. I don't wear tons of makeup or designer clothes on a regular basis. I think I'm average-looking, a lot depends on how confident/happy I'm feeling on any particular day.
    Personality: a good person, curious, open-minded and passionate about the things I care about. I do have little "quirks" myself. My biggest flaw is that I sometimes get very insecure and anxious and sometimes even borderline depressed, at my lowest moments. I'm working on it though, it doesn't happen often.
    Last edited by searock; 23-04-13 at 05:25 PM.

Wow Searock, so much more eloquent than mine. I like yours very much
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Thank you :-)

I noticed that girls write little good about themself but lots about how their perfect partners should be.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

interesting. Thank you and please carry on!

Him:

Profession: Don't care as long as he works.
    Appearance: Must take pride in his appearance and make an effort to look his best. I'm not fussy when it comes to eye color, hair color etc etc. Average height and muscle.
    Attributes: He must be confident, high self-esteem, no baggage or mental issues, emotionally mature, emotionally intelligent with a lot of inner strength and integrity. He must have good friends and a decent family who he is close to. Down to earth, easy going, calm and non-abusive.

Me:

Profession: Store manager
    Appearance: 5"3, slim, dark hair, blue eyes, pale skin.
    Attributes: I'm confident, independent, good looking, social, fun, down to earth, easy going, honest and reliable. Also quite intelligent, enjoy learning new things and exploring and need someone who can keep up with me. I rarely sit around doing nothing and get bored easily

I would also like to add that he must see me as his equal. Im a feminist and need a modern man. Lucky for me I have one
    Last edited by michelle23; 23-04-13 at 09:05 PM.

Excellent social/dating question here. What I see is every woman so far has a realistic view of their perfect partner. The only thing I question is the level of attractiveness they need, as no matter what anyone says you need to that sexual chemistry and desire for your partner.

I've been going on a few dates lately and as much as I can be attracted to someone's personality I need to have some physcial attraction as well. I went on blind date this weekend and man was I disappointed. Her personality was good, she was a great dancer, a lot of fun, and had an AMAZING body. But, the face OMG reminded me of a donkey....heehaw, heehaw. I know thats mean, but its the truth. I realized (rather reconfirmed) I would much rather have a pretty face then a tight perfect body. I felt so bad when she tried to kiss me, I just couldn't do it. I politely, in the most gentlemenly way I could, told her that I didn't feel that spark with her. She seemed disappointed, but understood.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 23-04-13 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaCooln View Post
    Excellent social/dating question here. What I see is every woman so far has a realistic view of their perfect partner. The only thing I question is the level of attractiveness they need, as no matter what anyone says you need to that sexual chemistry and desire for your partner.

I been going on a few dates lately and as much as I can be attracted to someone's personality I need to have some physcial attraction as well. I went on blind date this weekend and man was I disappointed. Her personality was good, she was a great dancer, a lot of fun, and had an AMAZING body. But, the face OMG reminded me of a donkey....heehaw. I know thats mean, but its the truth. I realized I would much rather have a pretty face then a tight perfect body.
    Attraction is defo important to me too. But I dont have a specific "type" if that makes sense. What I am attracted to is someone who has nice short hair, shaves regularly, slim, athletic build, nice clean white teeth, dresses well with clothes that fit properly and suit him (I prefer the casual look), I love dimples-they make me melt and a smile that really reaches the eyes and you can see genuine emotion behind them. (I always think you can tell a lot about a person by looking in their eyes and whether they are genuine or not). Ya attraction is definitely important. I want the whole package. But I am not fussy when it comes to hair color, eye color, skin color.. he doesn't have to be a specific height. Average height is fine.

And ya I agree the face is important. I always like the diamond shaped facial structure. That draws me in.

I really like this discussion; I've thought about this countless times. But, I'm going to give you the version of the one that I was kind of hoping would be out there when I'm 25 because my age (18) is young to find someone.

1. He would be around 32 when I'd be 25, so figure right now he'd be 24 if he were real. He's of average social status- not rich by any means but just middle class where we both would be able to take each other out on dates. As for his profession, I'd see him as maybe a school psychologist or police officer or with some interesting profession that may help others. (I even considered an FBI agent a few times.) Or, in that one out of a million dept, it would be cool if maybe he was involved with some sort of university study that involved him living with a gorilla for a year or years teaching it different things. He would be at least 6' 2" (Maybe 6' 4" would be good) with short black hair and brown eyes. He'd be average weight (not sure what a good number would be at that height without it being too thin) with a decent amount of body hair. But more importantly he'd be smart and funny- playful at times that we could joke around. But he'd also be a gentleman- wouldn't be quick to dress in suits a lot though. I would even want him to be mysterious and guarded a tiny bit when I first meet him and start dating him- sort of a strong front he puts on for others- only to eventually open up to me and know he doesn't always have to be strong around me. He'd be generous and kind and protective too. And when he'd be gone I'd miss the sound of his voice as much as his warm personality (He wouldn't be able to sing- just would have a voice I'm attracted to). Most of all, he'd love to cuddle with just me and have a heart of gold- wouldn't mind that I'm a shy bookish guy. We'd have this mutual understanding of each other that we'd be able to feel when we look into each other's eyes. I love mysterious men.

2. As for me, I am 18 (would be 25 when I meet him), middle class (would hopefully have a teaching position at the time I meet him), high school right now (Hopefully would have graduated college by that point). I'm 5'11" with light brown hair and 190lbs. I work for Holiday Inn right now, and I guess one of my best qualities is my heart? Other than that, I'm a shy guy- kind of bookish.

Wow, I really hope now my guy turns up in a few years. lol
    Last edited by Rowen; 24-04-13 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Attraction is defo important to me too. But I dont have a specific "type" if that makes sense. What I am attracted to is someone who has nice short hair, shaves regularly, slim, athletic build, nice clean white teeth, dresses well with clothes that fit properly and suit him (I prefer the casual look), I love dimples-they make me melt and a smile that really reaches the eyes and you can see genuine emotion behind them. (I always think you can tell a lot about a person by looking in their eyes and whether they are genuine or not). Ya attraction is definitely important. I want the whole package. But I am not fussy when it comes to hair color, eye color, skin color.. he doesn't have to be a specific height. Average height is fine.

And ya I agree the face is important. I always like the diamond shaped facial structure. That draws me in.
    LOL, don't come around me then. I have major dimples, short hair, in shape (wouldn't say thin tho, I have very broad shoulders) and I shave every day...lol. I am above average height tho at 6'1. I don't dress that casual during the week, as I am usually in a suit due to court.

But, yes attraction is so important...I had another date and it was the exact opposite. Her body was average, her face was AMAZING, and we just hit it off smashingly. Seemed as if we just kept on trying to sit closer and closer to each other during dinner. She actually kissed one of my dimples halfway thru the date and said she couldn't help herself. Were going out again this week. I'm definitely smitten and I woke up to a wonderful text from her this morning saying, "thinking of you."
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 23-04-13 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I]2. As for me, I am 18 (would be 25 when I meet him), middle class (would hopefully have a teaching position at the time I meet him), high school right now (Hopefully would have graduated college by that point). I'm 5'11" with light brown hair and 190lbs. I work for Holiday Inn right now, and I guess one of my best qualities is my heart? Other than that, I'm a shy guy- kind of bookish.

Wow, I really hope now my guy turns up in a few years. lol
    Wow, Rowen...I had no idea you are only 18. IMHO you are wise beyond your years.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaCooln View Post
    LOL, don't come around me then. I have major dimples, short hair, in shape (wouldn't say thin tho, I have very broad shoulders) and I shave every day...lol. I am above average height tho at 6'1. I don't dress that casual during the week, as I am usually in a suit due to court.

But, yes attraction is so important...I had another date and it was the exact opposite. Her body was average, her face was AMAZING, and we just hit it off smashingly. Seemed as if we just kept on trying to sit closer and closer to each other during dinner. She actually kissed one of my dimples halfway thru the date and said she couldn't help herself. Were going out again this week. I'm definitely smitten and I woke up to a wonderful text from her this morning saying, "thinking of you."
    aw that is nice. I really hope it goes well How did the date go with your mothers friends daughter? Is this the same girl?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast