+ Follow This Topic

Thread: When should the girl start making the first move?

When should the girl start making the first move?

I will keep this short and sweet. I met a girl recently and met up with her 5/6 times. We get on well and haven't really discussed where things are going so no pressure there.

Anyway, even though I think she likes me, I am always the first person to text after a date and the person who suggests the meeting up again.

For me, that's cool for the first few dates but it always seems to be me initiating things so after the last time we met a few days ago I decided not to get in touch (childish I know but hey...) and still didn't hear haven't heard anything back.

To me, that would suggest a lack of interest and therefore I don't want to be needy or waste my time. I'm a believer in 'If they're interesting enough, they will contact you'. Though others I have spoken to suggest that some girls will always wait for a guy to make the first move no matter what stage things are at.

So 2 questions 1) the question at the top of the screen 2) Am I right?

All comments welcome.

I don't think it's bad to back off and see how she reacts. Heaven knows, you don't want to waste any more money dating a girl who's not interested in a relationship with you.

Anyway, I'm a girl and even I don't know if there's a recommended amount of time before the girl takes the initiative. I just know that if I'm keen, he will very much know how I feel. By 5/6 dates, I'd well and truly be initiating dates and conversation.

Tell me, has she had much physical contact with you? I'd also add the amount (or lack) of physical contact into the equation to help determine how keen she is. At the very least, I'd be expecting to see some kisses.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Well we pretty much sleep with each other most times we meet up. We're both in our twenties.

OK, so we're not talking about a shy church mouse. If she's forward enough to sleep with you regularly, she's forward enough to call you if she wants to see you. Back off a bit more and see if she chases.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.