+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Wanting to ask her out, sort of

Wanting to ask her out, sort of

I'm a high school freshman that lives near an Army base - my town shares a school with all of the people that live on post. I've had a major crush on another freshman girl since October, and have yet to make a move on her.

She lives on post and is moving to Utah two days after school lets out (on May 26 actually). She's had a senior boyfriend since the near-beginning of the year, which would've been great if she wasn't moving. I have yet to really get to know him, but she says that he's very shy and protective (the latter I know).

I'm fairly certain that she knows how I feel about her, since probably November, but I haven't had the time or money to ask her out yet. She did, however, come with me for a night out at my JROTC battalion's Military Ball last Saturday (April 20), where it was just the two of us.

See, she's not only physically beautiful (she matches my tastes almost precisely), but she has the kindest and funniest personality. So, in a sense, she's the best of both. This is what I think causes my attraction to her to see-saw heavily between her body and her mind.

I text with her very often (mutually of course), but it seems she likes where we are now for the most part. I've written a bunch of poetry about her which I plan to give to her near the end of the year, and my friends (both boys and girls) have told me its decent poetry.

My question is, should I ask her to some place before she moves 30 days from now, considering she accepted my last invitation?

What would it possibly hurt? Except of course, your face when her BF finds out.

I didn't understand if she is still with her senior boyfriend?

If not, I'd say, ask her out! Go for it!
    If she still has a boyfriend, I'd advise you to NOT try to create friction between them. It is NOT a kewl thing to do - to try to steal someone else's girl. Good Luck. Ann
    Ann