+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My girlfriend has a fear of commitment long term...How to deal?

My girlfriend has a fear of commitment long term...How to deal?

We love each other very much, that's so clear. She tells me she wants to marry me, that I'm the one for her, we been together in love for 2 yrs. BUT she's broken up with me this is now the second time. She said she's afraid of a long term commitment. She said she definitely doesn't want anyone else, and despite the break up we still hang out laugh, kiss, hug, hang and have a great time as if the break up never occurred. Should I press her to stop breaking us up n try n get us back into a commitment, or chill and ride it out since obviously were in love? She said this break up isn't permanent but doesn't know when it'll end..she's 20 I'm 22...and sometimes she acts kinda cold or flat/unemotional and she said she can't help it. But other times we are totally fine, shes kissing all on me and hugging and holding hands and talking about our future and all of this. Her mom has a huge influence on her, and she likes me but thinks at this point in time our relationship depth is basically too soon and that she could see us together this serious later on. I never pressure her and I am in no rush to get married, I just want us to be steady and stable. What can I do?

What?! A 20 year old girl who doesnt know what she wants! I dont believe it!!

Seriously man....you should be dating other girls. The whole point of dating is to find that person that DOESNT break up with you on a whim. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by mrlove91 View Post
    She said this break up isn't permanent but doesn't know when it'll end..she's 20 I'm 22...and sometimes she acts kinda cold or flat/unemotional and she said she can't help it.
    Can't help it = what a crock (isn't that what you yankees say?)

Try to find an adult who can make up their bloody mind instead of some idiot who can'd decide.

Ya I agree. Dump her, cut all contact with her. She thinks she can pick you up and drop you whenever she wants. Show her you are not her puppet and you wont allow this bullshit to go on.

You need to show her you are a man she can respect-not some doormat she can walk all over. Tell her its all or nothing and if she cannot give you the commitment you deserve-your done with her