+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trying to decode the female brain- Gals, some input please?

Trying to decode the female brain- Gals, some input please?

Well, I have a bunch of questions to ask, but the main one that's on my mind right now is "how much talking should a guy do on a date?"

I've hear 70% girl 30% guy and I've heard 50/50.

Truthfully, how much do you prefer a guy talks. When he does talk, should it mostly be related to what you're saying?

The reason I ask is that I tend to be a listener most of the time and only chime in with comments, a joke, or my own, personal, relevant information.

I know I can hold my own as a talker though, but like to learn about my date.

I just want to know if this is a turn-off/on and/or what I can do better.

Any comments are welcome,
    Mr. E

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I personally think it should be 50/50. I prefer that a guy be able to keep pace and be actively engaged in a conversation....I'm interested in his ideas, his interests, his sense of humor. I get worried if a guy is too quiet....I would assume he is either so incredibly boring he can''t think of anything to say, or that he's just not interested in talking to ME. I don't know....some girls like the strong silent type, but I'm not one of them.

I like a guy who can totally run the show and make me feel at ease, and on a first date, I would say the guy should do more talking, and kinda lead the conversation, but don't interrupt her of course. If she starts to pipe up, then you should adjust to her and listen more. Its your job to make sure there are no awkward silences.

I like it to be 50/50 but sometimes you can't control it especially if a girl isn't much of a talker so i end up doing most of the work..hehe...I prefer a girl who can hold long, interesting conversations.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Fyesteema4
    Its your job to make sure there are no awkward silences.
    Thats bordering on sexism. But I'll half agree, take out "Its your job" and leave it as...
    ...make sure there are no awkward silences.

Don't interupt... Keep that idea you just thought of for one of those silent periods.

Mick
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Who measures how much each person is talking if a date is going well? If a date is going well, there is a free exchange of discussion with no uncomfortable silences. If you are having a hard time making conversation, then the date is not all that great.

I can talk alot but usually do most of the listening.. Maybe to girls i'm the listener type.
    We all should look out for the finer things in life~

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    If a date is going well, there is a free exchange of discussion with no uncomfortable silences. If you are having a hard time making conversation, then the date is not all that great.
    I went out with my GF last night, nothing flash, but there wasnt one silence. Compared to my ex they are worlds apart.

Its quite funny actually, how I thought it was me last time, but obviously it takes two.

Mick
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

i agree with shh...

not everyone is the same..
    "Ogres are like onions."