+ Follow This Topic

Thread: whos your idol and how does he strengthen you?

whos your idol and how does he strengthen you?

Sorry for bad English I am kinda in hurry and tired for spell and grammar check..

Who affected you mostly in your life and in your path to becoming the man? Maby for some of you your biggest idol was your father, mabye grandfather, maybe someone else... Who did or do you have who teaches you how to be strong, confident and manly and how do you feel it? What does manhood means to you?

Thanks

Twl.

Ofcourse my father was my hero till early teens until I understood thats he just a alhocolic and only think I really learned from is that I dont wana be like him.
    I always was inspired by Rocky movies and Arnie life story. Also im inspired by people who started in same place where me and proved that its possible to achieve dreams in anything you start. Most inspiring is closest people who believes in you more than you do. Thats the key to achieve big things that you dont dare dream about. Also girls who a acted like womans near me did a lot for realising that Im a man.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Story time... :S Growing up, my father was never really around because he was always at work. My family was mainly focused on my brother (for good reason due to his dyslexia and all making it harder for him to get through high school and into college) and wasn't really involved in my life up until about December of last year. I won't get too deep into things for the sake of this post's length, but I grew up believing I was nothing for a plethora of reasons and kept people at bay instead of having friends. But that changed eventually, and I got involved with opening up and getting close to a man I was never supposed to. I actually referred to him in a few other posts on here (This is the man I almost convinced myself did not exist). He was a nice, charming man- very decent and always respectful. We used to discuss worldly topics about theories on life and ideas about the mindsets of society (Not on a psychology level but a creative thought one) and sometimes even get into heated debates (most of the time involving the government) spewing whatever latest facts we heard at each other. Even in arguments, though, he had this way of making you feel like a human being just by the way he looked you in the eye. And he was interested, it seemed, in my story just as I was interested in his story. He made me feel like a human being and like I could voice my thoughts and someone would listen.

Please don't misunderstand...I'm not posting this story to justify any inappropriate relationships or anything- just show someone's effect on me. As a result of being around him and having him in my life for a short period of time, I actually type up my creative writing and save it to my computer instead of ripping it up and throwing it away. Now, I can actually accept the fact that I'm gay and talk to guys (even if it's on an online dating site). And now I've gotten a little better at raising my confidence (even though it's not entirely all there still) and getting close to people to actually have friends while trying to be a little more courageous in situations that typically scare the hell out of me. So, if anyone on here has thought of me as not being all there, you're right. But I'm trying thanks to him. :S

I cannot say i had any one who guided me
    my father was an abusive POS (we are close now but too little too late, I had to whoop his arse a few times to get there too)
    Probably the most constant male figure in my life was my drunken fkd up uncle whom sadly i learned some bad habits from

in saying this, this is why i gravitated towards music and art. I found my self with in the music that i produced.
    I just wrote and recorded track after track until i had nothing left to write.
    through that and the mistakes and victories i went through in that period gave me the required time to find my self and be exactly that. my self
    I am no product of my fatehr or my grandfather. I am Benny, that is all