+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friends who disapear

Friends who disapear

Does anyone have friends who once they get in a relationship they suddenly disapear and you rarely here anything from them anymore, sometimes because there bf are over protective and possesive etc.

Sounds like your friend likes to date the abusive criminal "bad boy".

They will probably find her in a river in a few months.

Sorry about your bad luck.

Yeah all my friends are like that. Just completely fall off the face of the planet. It sucks. I'm the only one who still fully invests in the friendship when I'm in a relationship.

One of my friends vanished for a couple of years after he got married. Then he turned up for a birthday party for another friend before disappearing once and for all. Apparently his wife didn't like any of his friends. These days, I joke about how she must have killed him for the insurance money. Might even be true.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    One of my friends vanished for a couple of years after he got married. Then he turned up for a birthday party for another friend before disappearing once and for all. Apparently his wife didn't like any of his friends. These days, I joke about how she must have killed him for the insurance money. Might even be true.
    I really don't understand pansy-ass men who let women control them like that.

His fiance seemed friendly enough when we talked on the phone once. He discovered that we all worked in the same building and tried to get us to have lunch with him, but we couldn't get our schedules lined up. But on their wedding day, she transformed into Bridezilla. He was allowed to invite just a handful of friends to the wedding, and we got our own separate table at the reception, way in the back. Two of the guys at our table got a little drunk and obnoxious, and I was dressed like a pimp, so that's probably when she banned all his friends from their life. She probably assigned him some new friends. He was a really laid-back guy, so he probably just let her take over the marriage.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

I had that with two friends. Ironically, they both dated the same guy even though their relationships were years apart and never knew each other. The first time, it was my best friend since second grade. She went out with him and started to change even though most of her other friends didn't like him. First it started in gatherings where they were all together. Then it started becoming worse till, in the end when he dumped her, she became severely depressed. As I kept trying to be a good friend and stand by her side, she started talking about me behind my back and turned our tiny group of friends all against me. One accidentally let it slip that she was not even friends with me anymore, and after confirming it with her, we ended our friendship in February 2010. Ever since, we don't speak, and she continues to talk about me behind my back and insult me whenever we do actually interact. Imagine that...all because of one guy.

The second one is the friend I made in Math that same year- the only one I was friends with after what the first girl did. She dated the guy and immediately became distant and always defended him if we ever remarked on her change. In the end, he dumped her a few times, but she eventually got sick of it and dumped him. She was the lucky one- the one who found inner strength. That's why, I guess, she's still friends with my two new best friends and I. We sit at the same lunch table and copy each other's homework, but we're close enough that if one of us is messed with, the other will step in.

naw
    we have a tight circle of friends since we were 12, so 17 years roughly. some have come and some have gone, some have even died. the core of our group, Me, my mate sam, willy, paul, Kevin and Wade are tight as nuns and will probably be so for ever.
    I am 29 and yeah, we have always made a point that our partners have to get along with theirs etc, even if they don't they gots to pretend, the circle is important to us and we must keep it alive.
    so we do. and we succeed every time.

allot of other blokes who come and go do drop of the face of the earthf ro amny reasons
    sometimes one gets out of control at a gig so we gotta take him out to the car park and give him a bit of a smacking (the gigs and such are our financial interest as a group)
    others some how meet a girl and they are gone. which is good cause **** that guy lol

every one is different though
    we just happened to make a pact to make the circle a sngle organism
    if one of us at the core of the circle go then the circle cannot function.