+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Mistakes That Guys Make With Women

3 Mistakes That Guys Make With Women

When it comes to dating, men aren't exactly the smartest most of the time. Sure, there are a lot of men out there that can get and dates, but they are perpetually single and always looking for another option, because they just can't seem to make things work. If you find yourself in the same boat, or in a lonely place, and you want to change things up, you'll want to avoid making the 3 mistakes that guys make with women all the time. There are 3 major problems that you'll find is common when dealing with women and avoiding them is not that difficult, it's just a matter of knowing what to do, and what to say.

The first major thing that you need to avoid is trying to talk about sex or insinuating anything in relationship to that. Do not talk about this and do not try to be too aggressive, this will turn her off. You absolutely need to avoid this at all costs. You will find that if you make unwarranted passes and try to communicate about this before it's time, you will not get her to stick around too long. Let her make the first move in this department if it's about communication, or else you could be on another lonely path.

Some say that chivalry is dead, while others assume that women want equal rights. The biggest mistake when dating is trying to be too much on either side of this coin, which can prove to be somewhat negative overall. Instead of trying to be too much on either side, make sure that you move towards more chivalrous actions when they are open. For instance, open doors, offer her your jacket, and try to focus on doing things that make her feel comfortable.
    Another big mistake that men make is they don't listen enough. Pay close attention as to what is going on, and ask questions that show her that you are listening. If you aren't interested, try to force some sort of attention so that you are not ignoring her in any way. Most men end up trying to talk about themselves or ignore their date, which can only prove to be problematic. Don't go that route, you will be sorely disappointed, so pay attention, and keep in the conversation no matter what.

The preceding 3 mistakes that guys make with women are just some of the disastrous things that you'll end up having to avoid if you're serious about getting the girl of your dreams. Do not make the above mistakes, and instead try to focus on treating her with the utmost respect, and above all else, pay attention! If you want to move forward, you won't need to throw up a huge banner, it will come easy, but only if you try to stick to being thoughtful, kind, and a good conversationalist.

One thing that you will want to be wary of, is being too nice, so don't let her simply run all over the place without you, get involved, ask questions, and communicate. More back and forth there is, the better your dating experience will become.

Whoooa Boisdevie, take it easy...

By the way, using the word "cunt" is a lot more sexist than jokingly saying that "most men aren't smart at dating" (said by a man, too)...

LOL epic troll thread.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post

By the way, using the word "cunt" is a lot more sexist than jokingly saying that "most men aren't smart at dating" (said by a man, too)...
    The insult I used is not sexist as it's one used by either gender against either gender. And if he said it 'jokingly' then he needs to think before he starts giving us his 'wisdom'.
    Making wide sweeping generalisations of either sex is blinkered, sexist and, quite frankly, intellectually weak.

The first two things wouldn't be disastrous for me.

If you find me sexually attractive, then let me know. If I find you sexually attractive too, I'll be far more likely to date you again. If you don't mention sex, I am very likely to 'friend zone' you.

I do want equal rights. I want you to be as comfortable as I am. I am perfectly capable of opening my own door and I can probably beat you in a fart contest. In fact, I will probably start the fart contest (though not on the first date - I'll probably be on good behaviour for a month or so). If I'm cold because I didn't bring enough clothes, then it's my own stupid fault and I don't expect a guy to be cold because I'm stupid.

Dating rules are stupid because we're not all the same.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post

yeah, I find men who use the C word really offensive.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    yeah, I find men who use the C word really offensive.
    Sorry about that. It's one of the few insults that get past the auto censor. Does the word dickhead work?

I think you need to clarify the no sex talking mistake a bit more.

IMHO you should NEVER ask a girl on the first date (or even early on) how long she waits to have sex. That will vary from person to person and relationship to relatioship. However, it is VERY important that she knows you find her attractive and that you make her feel so. It is fine to let her know in a tackful way that you enjoy sex and are a passionate/sexual person. Just NEVER put pressure on a woman to have sex.

In my experience when you don't ask the question, "When are we going to have sex? or "How long do you wait before having sex?" Most women are like wow he is attracted to me, but he is not just about sex and before you know it she will jump your bones. Many times I've seen this sexed crazed look in a new GF's eye and I knew instantly what she wanted...lol.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 08-05-13 at 10:10 PM.

I think the biggest dating mistake is not being able to read body language or pick up on signals and respond to them. That means you don't connect, you fail.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    I think the biggest dating mistake is not being able to read body language or pick up on signals and respond to them. That means you don't connect, you fail.
    So, true many people don't have a clue (usually guys).

Take my first date with my GF...we were waiting for our food and her leg started to touch mine, she seemed happy to touch me and left her leg there. So, I proceeded to put my hand on her knee and then she put her hand on top of mine and started rubbing my arm. I read the signs, made a small move, and then I was golden.
    Last edited by FlaCooln; 09-05-13 at 12:34 AM.

Taking it too fast

1. Being egotistical and assuming he is attractive to a girl/girls when he's actually not worthy

2. Being poor, too smart, not douchey enough..

3. Being modest, nice, and displaying too much interest

BAM. I just pretty much typed the 3 things guys gotta learn to get chicks.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

When God made a women he made a mistake.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Sorry about that. It's one of the few insults that get past the auto censor. Does the word dickhead work?
    Dickhead isn't offensive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    1. Being egotistical and assuming he is attractive to a girl/girls when he's actually not worthy

2. Being poor, too smart, not douchey enough..

3. Being modest, nice, and displaying too much interest

BAM. I just pretty much typed the 3 things guys gotta learn to get chicks.
    Do you mean that you think these 3 things work? They are a jumble of good and bad things, IMO.

Thinking that you are attractive is a good thing, because it means you're confident, and confidence is attractive.

Being poor is irrelevant (apart from exceptional situations), being smart is good - I'm not sure what you mean by "being too smart" (nobody likes a show-off if that's what you mean). Being entirely "not douchey" is definitely good.

Being modest and nice is good, not so much displaying too much interest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast