+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drop me a line, Stating point of view...

What do you have so far, Rowen?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Wish I could help you, mang... I know nothing about attracting men. Sorry.

Though to hear my friend Mark talk I do, LOL.
    hahaha That's okay- thank you, anyway. I just figured I'd try playing offense instead of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    What do you have so far, Rowen?
    Well, what I have sounds really corny, I warn you, but...

Hey, I’m Will. I’ve been trying to think of a good way to write this thing since I’m terrible at writing about myself, but I’m just an average, honest, future South Jersey resident who drives a foreign sedan and reads like he’s breathing. I can be sarcastic and make some bad jokes sometimes, but when push comes to shove, I truly care and will be there by your side. I want a guy who is Ian Fleming’s James Bond meets Michael Curry to be my partner in crime and equal with a hunger for adventure. Together, we’ll face whatever odds regardless of whether or not the decks are stacked against us while we keep each other from harm.
    So, why don’t you drop me a line? I’ll keep your secrets safe each night.

[It's a bit lame with the reference, but I tried thinking outside the box. The headline says: Are you out there? And the "perfect date" section says: I'd rather leave this to your imagination for now.]

Lol, no, the reference is pretty awesome.

Anyway, here's something I've learned that I want to impart (which I got from a Chicken Soup for the Soul): Don't ever describe yourself as "average" or ESPECIALLY don't use "just." It denotes a serious lack of confidence.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

That's not bad at all.

id take out the celebrity thing. always makes me cringe when i hear something like that. it makes you sound like you have an unhealthy obsession with a celeb (to me anyway) and i think thats creepy lol.

sorry no offence meant. i know your not ocd or anything but it may come across that way. then again i read into things too much so most people prob wouldnt take any notice

id also take out the word "average" thats a turn off

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Lol, no, the reference is pretty awesome.

Anyway, here's something I've learned that I want to impart (which I got from a Chicken Soup for the Soul): Don't ever describe yourself as "average" or ESPECIALLY don't use "just." It denotes a serious lack of confidence.
    Thanks haha The last line was a reference to The Spy Who Loved Me, too.

And I'll make note of rephrasing that then, especially since Michelle also brought it up. So, thanks, you two! I always found average as trying to relate, but I can see how it can be taken as that.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    id take out the celebrity thing. always makes me cringe when i hear something like that. it makes you sound like you have an unhealthy obsession with a celeb (to me anyway) and i think thats creepy lol.

sorry no offence meant. i know your not ocd or anything but it may come across that way. then again i read into things too much so most people prob wouldnt take any notice

id also take out the word "average" thats a turn off
    No offense at all taken. lol What celebrity? (Sorry-confused) If you mean Michael Curry, I was writing about the literary character from Anne Rice's The Witching Hour. But I could change that too to alter it to another reference... Or do you mean drop both references to the literary characters in general?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12