+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I get this girl to leave me alone?

How do I get this girl to leave me alone?

So, I've been with my boyfriend (let's call him Jim) for about 4 months. Apparently this girl (let's call her Jennifer) has a huge crush on Jim. She is also one of Jim's good friends. The thing is, she is being very mean to me just because I'm dating Jim. I used to be Jennifer's friend too, but ever since I started going out with Jim, she started ignoring me, and now she is being mean to me. The first time she started being mean to me was 2 months ago. I was texting her and then we started talking about Jim. She asked me what Jim saw in me and I forgot what I answered back, but she said, "no offense but i think your ugly and jim is super cute tho y is he dating u n not me hes out of yur league no offense but im wayy prettier then u" That's what the text message said. I was so upset that I didn't even reply back. Now, she is being even meaner to me. Sometimes Jim, Jennifer, and I hang out. Whenever Jennifer and I are alone, she starts saying really mean things to me. She calls me names like a b****, a sl*t, a wh*re, a c*nt, ugly, etc. I wish she would just get over it. She even messaged me on Facebook telling me that she was going to kill me and slit my throat if I don't break up with Jim. I messaged her back saying that she needs to understand that Jim is taken by me and she needs to back off and stop threatening me and just get over it and find someone else to crush on that's not taken. And then she blocked me. So I blocked her on all my other social networks, too. The problem is that Jennifer and Jim are really close friends. As much as I hate Jennifer, I don't want to ruin her friendship with Jim. I don't want to tell Jim that Jennifer is threatening and bullying me. How can I get Jennifer to leave me alone? I can't ignore her because she always blows up my phone with mean messages and death threat messages. I'm also afraid to tell a guidance counselor or principal at my school because Jim might find out. How do I get her to back off and leave me alone?

Show your boyfriend those death threat messages. If he doesn't figure out that something is awfully wrong there, you're with the wrong person lol. Alternatively, just call the police because threatening to kill someone is criminal?

Oh yeah I forgot to add that Jennifer acts like a sl*t around Jim and she jokes around Jim telling him stuff like "I'll let you touch my b00bs and Laina would never find out" and stuff like that.

I can't tell Jim. They're close friends and they have been friends since they were in kindergarten and I don't want to ruin their longtime friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainaa_ View Post
    I can't tell Jim. They're close friends and they have been friends since they were in kindergarten and I don't want to ruin their longtime friendship.
    Turn the tables for a moment. If you had a long term male friend who was being obnoxious giving death threats to Jim, wouldn't you want to know?

Jim needs to know. And if he's any sort of a man, he will rip shreds off his friend. He will demand that she apologise to you - and then tell her that if she exhibits this behaviour again, he will cut her out of his life. If he does anything less, you need to find a new boyfriend.

Edited to add: If you tell Jim, it won't be YOU ruining the friendship. The friendship will have been ruined by her behaviour. Don't take blame where none belongs.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

He doesnt sound worth this BS. Id dump him and let the crazy bitch have him. They are too close anyway to be "just friends". He should be with her coz hell more than likely cheat on you with her at some point. All this male and female best friend shite is getting on my nerves. Go and find a bloke who doesnt have some bitch in heat sniffing around him.

If your not prepared to dump him then tell him what is going on. If he doesn't tell her to f**k off-then you really need to get rid of him

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Turn the tables for a moment. If you had a long term male friend who was being obnoxious giving death threats to Jim, wouldn't you want to know?

Jim needs to know. And if he's any sort of a man, he will rip shreds off his friend. He will demand that she apologise to you - and then tell her that if she exhibits this behaviour again, he will cut her out of his life. If he does anything less, you need to find a new boyfriend.

Edited to add: If you tell Jim, it won't be YOU ruining the friendship. The friendship will have been ruined by her behaviour. Don't take blame where none belongs.
    ^ I fully agree with this. Think of it like a test to see if this relationship is worth it. If he doesn't believe you after you show him the texts or doesn't take any action, you need to dump him and find yourself a real man. REAL MEN take action in situations like this. FAKE MEN cower away and make excuses why they shouldn't do anything. Don't let yourself be a victim anymore.

On top of that, I think you should also call the police. This is America, and any cop with half a brain would believe you if you just show them those text messages.

OP, this is not the time to sit and wonder what to do and worry about what *could* happen. This is the time to ACT!

She's jealous. You should call her out in front of all your friends. Show everyone the messages, and laugh hysterically at her. She'll hide under a rock and never come out.

If you can't do this, then you don't do this. Please be careful about cheating with you. Thats all.