+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Advice on dealing with this issue

Advice on dealing with this issue

Hey guys, new to the forum and thought I could use some help, ill (try to) keep it short and sweet.

Basically, I recently ended my 8 month (long distance) relationship with this girl and its been a little over a month since it was official, i recently decided that to correctly move on I couldnt stare at her facebook/gmail stuff all day, so I decided that unfriending her is the best option, it was extremely, VERY hard to actually do it. But when i did it, i made sure o let her know why and what i was thinking.

Shockingly, she replied saying she understood why I had to do so and that she apologized for how hard the break up was on me, and that when we are ready to be friends again she will be there with open arms. Anyway, i did the unfriending a few days ago and now that I cant tell when shes online, what shes doing or who's posting on her wall, i feel like ive really improved and took the right step to full recovery.

Here's the problem, she started Salsa classes and goes to the club every saturday where the students group up and do social salsa with one another, and the club posts pictures of each Saturday night, after we broke up, I find myself obssessed with constantly refreshing the page for updated photos, I saw a lot of them, and saw her dancing with her classmates and what not, I know it's juts dancing but still it kills me. Even now, when it's not even my place to judge and care about what she's doing, I have the hardest time trying to stay away from the page.

I always promise myself I won't go, and that it does nothing but hurt me and make me crazy, yet I cannot help myself, i still go and check for new photos to see what she did that night. I need advice...I want to move on, I wish I never found that stupid page from the beginning.

This is like the last obstacle I have before I get on the full road to recovery. I know it's wrong, I know i shouldnt do it, yet I can't help but check just to see, it's like im expecting to see something else.

Any advice on the matter will surely help. Thanks in advance!

Unlike/block the salsa webpage.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Unlike/block the salsa webpage.
    It's a group on Facebook, cannot block, i tried!

How can you not block it? I mean, remove yourself from the group members and it will not appear on your homepage on facebook... then all you'll have to do is just not deliberately search for the group. Or is that what you're struggling with?

That's what im struggling with mate. I'm not even a member on the group but its public.

Any advice? :/

Well, in that case all you can do is work on your self control.

Try this: the next time you are about to open the page, think to yourself: "I'll do it later, in an hour". Then after an hour, think "I'll wait another hour, then I'll open it" and so on... the day will be over soon enough and you'll have gone a whole day without opening the page.

I will give that a shot... Thanks a lot.

Maybe you should stay off facebook for awhile and join the gym or a new hobby to distract yourself. You will get over her in time. Stay strong

I would love to do that, but im a Social Media consultant and staying off Facebook is just something I cannot do. I'm doing my best to distract myself with games hanging with friends and such in my free time. I guess I just need to have the will power. I will do my best, and thank you for your suggestions/support.

yes you can do it if you want its all depend upon your will power

Get outta the group block the page. Stop beating yourself up.