+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My boyfriends ex is SO close to his family! Advice?

My boyfriends ex is SO close to his family! Advice?

First, my boyfriends family are great - he has a 3 brothers,2 of who met there gfs at 14 and 16 I think and there still together & a twin sister who's been with her boyfriend for a year now. I really like them but I do feel a bit like the new girl I guess cause there all close, like really close

Anyway my boyfriend (who's 18 btw) broke up with his ex a year ago, quite amicably until then he'd been with her since he was 15. From what I know her parents died when she was 13 and she lived with her gran and his family really kinda took her under there wing

I know they all still see her but yesterday was the first time I've gone to his house when shes there - like I say his family are lovely and the perfectly nice to me but she is just so - shes practically family. And all there stories about 'old times' shes in them

I know its stupid - its not my place to dictate who they can be friends with & im happy with my bf, he's a sweetheart - but like she was lounging on the sofa with one of his bros gf's and teasing his brother. And then like his dad walks in said hey to me and then went to her who got straight up to give him a hug and he was all 'hey trouble, you staying over?'

And maybe im being an idiot but I just feel like a stranger. And as nice as they are to me im sure they'd rather he was with her

Shes a very very outgoing girl but In her defence i don't even think shes trying to make me feel awkward but having breakfast with your bf's ex while shes all "daney can you bring me more juice" and im sitting there - his gf and wouldnt ever call him 'daney', its always dane - and it just is awkward

Advice?
    has anyone been here??

lalalita Guest
    This is a touchy subject, and it really comes down to - is this something you can learn to accept? She's not going anywhere.