+ Follow This Topic

Thread: my girlfriend is upset i didn't buy her something?

my girlfriend is upset i didn't buy her something?

i told her i was thinking about buying her this gift for her birthday. she ended up buying it herself an dis now upset i didnt buy it since i said i might. well i ended up getting her something else which should be coming though the mail tomorrow. im kind of mad because its surprise and i dont wanna ruin it but shes mad. but on the other hand do i wanna be with someone who gets all upset because i didnt buy her something?

should i even bother being with her

If she's in her early 20s, it's to be expected but it's a red flag IMO

Maybe its not about the gift. Maybe its the act of promising something and not going through with it.

Let's see; You told your GF that you were, "THINKING ABOUT BUYING" a gift for her birthday that she really wanted....then you changed your mind and didn't explain it. You disappointed her. What you said turned out to incite a false hope. AND, YOU ARE LATE FOR HER BIRTHDAY - even if it is one day. What's up with that? I think that if you were unsure of what you were going to do for her birthday you should have told her. Ann
    Ann

It's her birthday. But her something to give to her on the day, not several days later. My boyfriend would be a bit surprised/disappointed if I was empty handed on his birthday and he's male and 35 so this isn't about age of gender, it's about you being a slack boyfriend.

lalalita Guest
    Anyone who is in a remotely serious relationship with me, who shows up empty handed on my birthday (IE: not even a hand made card or an IOU that says "your gift is in the mail!") automatically disappoints me and gets shit for it.