+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Sex After Baby

Sex After Baby

I wanted to find a forum to be able to share my story, in hopes that it could help even one woman.

After the birth of my second child, things were just not the same..."down there"....if you know what I mean. My husband and I have always loved being intimate and make sure that we are at least a couple times a week. But after the usual 6 week healing process, things were just not the same. I decided to give it more time, thinking maybe for whatever reason my body just needed a little more time to heal, and things would at some point return to normal. But at almost 6 months, I had the same sensation.....no sensation.

My husband said that I did feel a bit different but that he still loved the feeling and was completely satisfied, but for me....I could barely feel a thing! It wsa terrible, I felt as though I was so loose...I almost couldn't understand how he said he still loved it.

Either way, I decided I had to do something about it, I was not comfortable with just sitting around not feeling confident in myself and in my sex life with my husband. So I started on a journey of research, and boy did I find out a lot of things that can and do happen after you give birth.

Long story short, since I knew I was not planning on having any other children, I decided to get a procedure called Vaginal Rejuvenation, by a doctor I had chosen in Deerfield Beach, FL, called Dr. Scheinberg. I had numerous consultations with different doctors, in a couple of states (I wanted to find THE best doctor possible)...and finally decided to go with Dr. Scheinberg at The Center for Cosmetic & Reconstructive Gynecology. At our initial meeting, he gave me the most thorough consultation of my life, and yet still I felt so at ease with him. After about 2 months of weighing the pros and cons, I decided to go ahead and book surgery. First of all....healing after surgery was painful. Not like "I'm about to die from this pain"...but more "holy bees knees...that hurts" but let me tell you....was it EVER worth it!!

After a successful surgery with Dr. Scheinberg, I waited the recommened 6 weeks for healing to be intimate (just like after giving birth)...and my mouth fell open the first time having sex after surgery. Not only did I feel like my old self, I felt BETTER! As crazy as that sounds, I felt as though I could feel everything my husband did...and it was fantastic. So I really wanted to share my story on here because if there is another woman on here going through what I went through, I want her to know 1. she's not alone, and 2. there is help!! Dr. Scheinberg and his magic hands changed my life...and it could do the same for you.

I figure if he has to advertise on a relationship forum board, then he can't be all that grand. Nice spam-a-lot though *bows*
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Note to self... Never go to dr. Scheinberg. Geez, desperation or what

confusednow Guest
    haha i was thinking the same thing. nobody is gonna fall for that