+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How's a gf and bf relationship after the honeymoon period ends?

How's a gf and bf relationship after the honeymoon period ends?

So I have been wondering and it might be overanalyzing too. The first two month with my boyfriend were mad mushy he would tell me he missed me an I would tell him I missed him. He used to tell me he wished I was with him and viceversa. However, after the second month everything showing of feelings slowed down he doesn't tell me that at all it could be probably that he thinks I know it already so there no need to tell me so much. So in your relationships, which changes you and your partner had after the honeymoon period?

It's a biological thing. When you first meet someone you fall for, your brain releases Dopamine (the love hormone as they call it) and serotonin. After awhile, your brain shuts off production and things slow down.....then a deeper love develops. To keep this bond going you have to have a lot of things in common that you like to do and share with each other. You also have to have the ability to try new things, challenge yourself, be out of your comfort zone. If you don't have any of this, it will become stagnant. Sorry hun but that mushy stuff goes away...this is the reality. The best thing is to spend less time together and not text 24/7 so you will miss each other.

Agreed ^^^ after a little while you two become more comfortable with each other and since you're already together he may feel like he doesn't need to do any of the mushy stuff to keep you around. It's all a matter of compatibility. If you two aren't compatible it's never going to work no matter how hard you try. Try communicating your feelings to him but don't be too pushy. Every relationship needs a bit of space to keep it strong.

I think my bf became more affectionate, more considerate etc after the honeymoon period faded. When we first met, he could be a little stubborn. For the first 6 months, we had stupid arguments and hed act like a child sometimes which just made me worse and wed argue more.

Since we fell in love properly, he just always wants me to be happy. Hes so tolerant if Im in a bad mood or something. Hell just try to make me laugh and hes very cuddly.

For me, everything got better once we started to understand each other, when we felt comfortable together.

I think in the first 6 months or so-it can be tricky as you are both over-analyzing, reading into things too much, sussing each other out, trying to figure out if you can trust each other or wondering what did he/she mean when they said this or that. It can be very confusing (it was for me anyway) and I remember feeling anxious sometimes or wondering "is it all gonna go wrong".

But now it is so easy, so comfortable, relaxed, we make each other laugh all the time, we know how to communicate in a healthy way so we dont really argue or fight often and when we do, its usually resolved quickly.

It all boils down to compatibility-it takes time to figure out if your compatible or not-Id say 2-3 years for the honeymoon period to truly wear off and for the bond to grow stronger. But you should feel happy together most of the time. A relationship with a lot of stress-is a bad relationship (that's what I think), it should be easy most the time and you should feel happy every day