+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is he hurt and hiding it or uninterested?

Is he hurt and hiding it or uninterested?

I feel like I upset a guy I was getting close to, and who was giving me the smile and the eyes, by stupidly & unintentionally flirting with another guy in his presence. He kept looking at us then got really quiet and got cold towards me and mopey.

So I apologized later on the phone and he kept repeating emphatically, "don't be silly, its fine", and things like "I don't know what you're sorry for but thanks for telling me", "don't know what you're on about" and "I didn't even notice anything." when he was very noticeably annoyed at the time. So will a guy just say that even if he was hurt? Cause we had a good thing going and he just dropped off after another guy came in the picture & I feel like I should just stop trying with him & accept I messed up. Is a guy actually going to admit he was upset?

I guess he could have admitted that he was upset, but my guess is that he just wrote you off and couldn't be bothered talking about it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You are pretty much out of the game. You could retire or make yourself a fool by continuing to play. However you do still have one chance in my opinion. I know I have done this selfishly to women. BUT, if he is abrasive with you, especially with disregard to group settings and is very dismissive of private attempts, you have to trump him and call him out. But it has to be a full on effort on your part. "Are you upset I flirt with other people? Is that why you are abrasive and cold with me? Because if it is, then we need to figure out how we are going to get on the same page and attempt XXXXX." But if you are not seriously into him, then leave him be.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

playing games gets you nowhere. Yes he is probably hurt but he prob just thinks now your not "girlfriend material". you made yourself look cheap and easy and it is your own fault. Id react the same way if a guy tried to make me jealous-id presume he aint worth my time if hes gonna be flirting with girls right in front of me-then whats he gonna do behind my back..