+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It's going well but she's gone away for 5 weeks?

It's going well but she's gone away for 5 weeks?

So basically I've known this girl for about a month, we've been out on four dates (for drinks, a meal, for lunch) and everything was fine. We've held hands a couple of times, and kissed on the lips twice, although on the fourth date last Friday, I think she went to kiss me properly but somehow I messed it up.

She's now in America for 5 weeks, as she's going travelling. Now as I messed up the kiss (and I also felt that I didn't say goodbye properly) I sent her a text after she got her train saying that I really liked getting to know her and I'd like to see her when she got back, and I wasn't really good at goodbyes (she said the same). Now I've been messaging her on what's app since she's been in the states, and she's been coming back with quite long messages, although not too often as she's busy.

I'm guessing her keeping in touch whilst she's away is a good thing? She does initiate a lot of our conversations, including the what's app Convo. I think her keeping in touch maybe means that she does want to keep whatever we have going until we wt back.

Also, I go on holiday next Friday to Greece with my friends - i won't be getting with any one, and I think she'll take the same approach.

Would you say that we were seeing eachother? Also I know that it is a huge effort on her part keeping in touch whilst she's away - how much of a good sign would you take this?

She's NEVER BEEN KISSED!

I would say you are in good shape! Particularly if she is sending you "long messages" while she is away in the U.S.

A few points:

Also, I go on holiday next Friday to Greece with my friends - i won't be getting with any one, and I think she'll take the same approach.

This makes no sense whatsoever. You two have been on 4 dates and are therefore not exclusive. What if you go to Greece, meet your dream girl, and fail to act on it b/c you think some girl back at home is "not getting with anyone." You get back home, go on one more date, find differences, and never see each other again. You are now alone...and your dream girl is sitting out in Greece wondering why samuel2012 never did make that move on her. Shame on you

We sometimes tend to assume that we are "exclusive" without actually being in a state that requires you doing so. You two have been on a few dates. You aren't formally dating.

You need to make your move on the next date she comes back

Date number 5 and you still haven't kissed her formally? It is time. I'm not saying go out and try to sleep with her, but you should make a move to have your "first real kiss" with her. She has earned it by going out with you so MANY TIMES!

Make us proud gent,

Baby Be Social

She will keep you in mind, but you should never expect her to commit, nor should you....well that is your decision to make. If it is not a verbal agreement that you two are exclusive then you both free to do whatever. So if you want to have this go to the next level make those emails count, and treat it like a LDR to keep bonding with her. Maybe it will blossom into a relationship who knows.

never go full beta, 5 weeks in the usa....i think i would start looking for newer girls