+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to respond

How to respond

A couple of weeks ago I met a girl during a get together organized by a mutual friend. We chatted a bit, no big deal, then a couple of days later I add her on Facebook. We exchange a few messages, then I suggest that we should get together sometime to just chat and hang out. She replies to say that she would like that, but she can't right now because she is going away for 3 weeks but when she comes back we'll go for coffee. Then I respond by saying, "ok sounds good, enjoy your trip!" A couple of days later she responds and says the following: I wanted to write to you earlier, but couldn't cause I was very busy, and finally found some time. We agreed to go and have some coffee after I come back from my vacations, and I still would like to do that, but just wanted to make clear that I'd like being friends with you. You seem a great guy and Artur speaks very highly of you. I really enjoyed meeting with you a few weeks ago, but other than that I'd like to say that my intentions toward you are just friendly and not anything else Let me know your thoughts about this. Have a great day ahead! Cheers"

How do I respond to that? OK, I get what this means. She is not interested in dating with me, it's disappointing but whatever, life goes on. I just want to know how to properly respond to her. I don't want to waste too much time on a girl that I am interested in but who is not interested in me. If I still go for coffee with her, I would just end up teasing myself because I know I can't get further with her. I don't want to be too available to her. Given all this info, how do I properly respond to her in this situation? Do you still think I should meet her up?

Thanks in advance!

You don't have to meet up with her if you don't want to, now that you know she isn't interested. Just say something like "I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for your honesty. I think it's best if we don't meet for coffee, I hope you understand. Bye bye :-)"

You don't owe her anything.

I wouldn't go. There isn't any point in putting yourself in a situation to fall for her when you know it won't go anywhere. She probably met someone else or something.

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    You don't have to meet up with her if you don't want to, now that you know she isn't interested. Just say something like "I'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for your honesty. I think it's best if we don't meet for coffee, I hope you understand. Bye bye :-)"

You don't owe her anything.
    Thanks! I think I will go with that.

You don't need to if you don't want to