+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Remain Friends Or Cut Him Loose?

Remain Friends Or Cut Him Loose?

I have knowen my friend for a year and half now and recently got feelings for him I told him in a stupid text which i've regreted, I tried denying it when he said he just wants to stay mates and I had to agree with it as I didnt want the friendship ruiend!.

Anyway just lately the feelings are getting stronger and hurts like hell, he doesn't feel same way yet everytime I try and argue with him so I can end the friendship cause of these feelings I have, when i'm in a mood and text him saying I want the friendship over with he texts saying "i'd still like to be friends but its up to you"

He obviously knows I have some sort of feelings for him when I denied it the first time, so why does he still want to be friends with me, can I keep the feelings in and remain friends? Or best to end the friendship quietly and not tell him friendship is over which I don't want but has to be done so I can get over him

Pain is temporary. Could last a minute, could last a year. What is more valuable to you, a year of pain or a lifetime of friendship. He wants to be your friend. That is powerful enough. And maybe down the road, it won't change. You will have great friend times together. Or maybe down the road it will. But throwing it away is cutting off your knees for no reason.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

Now that you've told him how you feel, the friendship will never be the same. We can't unring a bell.

Fast forward to when he gets a girlfriend....and she finds out that you have a thing for him. If he cares about her, he'll back away from you. May as well do it now
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.