+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Loving Interest or Jealousy

Loving Interest or Jealousy

Hi,

I keep having the same fight with my girlfriend. We live together, so whenever I want to go out with the guys or whatever, I let her know. But then she starts asking me a million questions: "Who are you going with? What will you do? Will there be any girls there?". Now, maybe it's just my personality, but I absolutely hate, HATE being interrogated about my movements. Particularly the "will there be girls there?" question sounds terribly jealous. But whenever I confront her about this, she insists that she's showing interest in my life and a only a cold girlfriend would let me do as I please without asking anything. Explained like that, she has a point but...

Is this just a men are from mars, women are from Venus thing? Should I give up a certain amount of my privacy/freedom since I'm in a committed relationship?

Yes, in most relationships a partner would say where he's going and who he's going with. It is basic courtesy. However, as there are women at all venues, I would naturally assume that other women will be there.

Perhaps if you offer the information up front, she won't feel the need to ask you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I disagree. His girlfriend is being insecure and honestly, such question is an insult. It implies that there may be cheating going on