+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No contact rule

No contact rule

Has anyone ever used the no contact rule to get their ex back?

I have! It actually worked for me, but it really depends on the person. My ex, who im broken up with now, was the type of person who would make decisions quickly, THEN think about them. Im kinda trying it again with her now, although its a much more complicated situation.

I think the only way to know if itll work for you is by really thinking about how he/she is, then deciding.

What do you mean by, "no contact rule?" Don't contact me? Beg and Beg? And then I'll answer one of your communications and hear you beg in real time? Is that what you mean? Ann
    Ann

I'm doing that right now, but mainly, to let myself heal. For some reason, I have this ridiculous hope that he'll come back so if I get any results I'll let you know. I read some other forums about the 6 month mark where an ex will try to reach out if you've been in strict NC. I don't know if it's true.

So is the, "no contact rule," a manipulation to get him back? Ann
    Ann

It worked for me, although not intentionally. I had given up on her after she stopped responding to my messsages and calls. After about a month, she suddenly called back the day before Christmas. I didn't agree to meet her at that time because I didn't trust her. I couldn't forget the time that I lost contact with her for four years. She called again shortly before Valentines Day. I refused again. She called again wanting more than ever before.

Do not believe the hype about the No Contact Rule - it is there to help you recover, not win your ex back. The reason why it does influence reunions is because your ability to accept your ex's decision without any grievances causes surprise and intrigue. The fact that you do not utter a word and simply disappear can make the ex feel confused about your lack of emotional investment. Also, absence makes the heart grow fonder. There is no verification that it is indeed The No Contact Rule that has sparked a reconciliation, maybe the ex just needed that time apart to realise the true extent of their feelings.

In my personal opinion, and this may incite outrage, it's always best to be honest and forthright. Not in a pushy way but in a more simply stating how I feel way. If your ex has broken up with you and you wish to win them back, just express yourself once, clearly and concisely - don't beg or plead - respect yourself, be honest and then leave it. The ball is in their court. Try and move on with your life, it'll be tough but it's better than sitting around waiting.

I've wondered about that. A lot of people suggest the No Contact Rule. It makes sense that it causes surprise and intrigue. I agree that being honest is the best way. The reason why it doesn't work to a lot of people is because a lot of the people send too many messages that make them look too clingy. I guess those are the original reasons why people suggest the No Contact Rule.