+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Miserable

Miserable

Hello,
    To start off, I am a 27 year old male. I've been in two long term relationships, one for 3 years, another for 3 1/2. I was honestly a pretty big asshole to them. I had trust issues and at times would doubt if I even wanted to be with them. The one that was 3 1/2 years ended in October of 2011. Despite being unsure of my feelings I was still absolutely crushed over the break up. I went through a lot during that time and really didn't think I'd ever want to date again.

Fast forward to the end of December 2012. A good friend of mine introduced me to one of his friends, a newly single woman. When we all started hanging out, I didn't really want anything to do with her. I was still kinda hurt from the previous relationship and just really didn't want a girlfriend. Well eventually she started flirting a ton and showing interest. From that point on I didn't help but like her. We started dating a month and a half after she had broken up with her ex. I tried to take things slow, I really did, but the feelings I had for her were so strong and overwhelming, I knew within 2 months of being together that I was in love with her. The feelings was so new and strong I loved feeling that way. She said the same about me. She said she loved me and had never felt this way for any guy, not even her ex. I treat her so well. She told me I was the most amazing guy shes ever met and I'm everything shes wanted (pretty much all her ex's are liars/cheaters/jerks/jobless etc). Things were going perfect. We got into a couple dumb little arguments, but who doesn't? I honestly was/still are 100% sure that she was the one I wanted to be with the rest of my life. I had no doubt whatsoever and I treated her very well to show her that. We would talk about our future together and how great things would be.

Last Wednesday we got into an argument over something stupid. She wanted to do something that she got very angry at me for doing, so I told her to stop being a hypocrite and that it's not fair that she thinks she can do whatever she wants yet I can't. I honestly thought we'd talk it out and everything would be ok. Well later that night she said she's getting tired of stuff and broke up with me. It's really confusing because earlier that day she was telling me how much she loves me. She also has told me she rushed into a new relationship too soon, which I can understand, but neither of us could help the way we felt about each other. So now here I am, absolutely crushed. I feel like I will never find someone that I will ever feel that way about again. We were only together a short time but I had much stronger feelings for her than any one else I've dated. One day things were perfect, the next she's out of my life. So, is there anything I can do? I will do absolutely anything to get her back. I really believe she is the one

depends why you broke up. what were you arguing about?

I know this is pretty stupid, but she would get mad at me when I'd go to bars on the weekend without her. So I told her I wouldn't go without her anymore. Then she decides shes going to go without me. Just really pissed me off that she was being such a hypocrite. Definitely not something we should have broke up over. I haven't talked to her since Friday. Really no idea what to do.

Hello,
    Well, you calling her a hypocrite certainly hurt her feelings, there's no denying that.
    Now, i`m not judging and maybe I'm wrong and lost in the woods, but I didn't like this line: "it's not fair that she thinks she can do whatever she wants yet I can't". I want you to think, how much did she have to give up to be together with you.
    Last edited by Archie; 06-06-13 at 05:08 AM.

theres a deeper issue here. she doesnt trust you. does she have a reason not to? and why do you want to go out without her? me and my bf go out together most the time but neither of us feel threatened if one goes without the other