Hi all - Im new guy here, but looking around the web this seems to be the best place for me too get some much needed advice on a problem I am experiencing with a girl right now.

It started 2 weeks ago - I was at a bar with a friend, just the two of us, relaxing before we head home. Right before we decide to go, another friend messages me, asking if we want to join him and some girls at another place.. Having the next day off, we decide to go.

Here I end up chatting with this really cute girl. Eventually the night ends and we decide to go home. I really liked her, not in the sexy way(but that too), but her personality was really in my taste. Eventually I am told that my friend(another guy) doesnt have that much room and she asks if she can sleep at my place - Sure, no problem. I ended up giving her the couch, I didnt want to press anything and im not really "sex within 3 hours of meeting" guy - Though I was really feeling it. Next day she left a note(got up early), saying thanks for the shelter and all that.

Naturally, I decided to message her after finding her on facebook. Wrote to her for a few hours, but she suddenly seemed really cold and awkward, answering with 1 sentence or 1 word. I suspect that she isnt feeling it and decide to drop it, not giving it much more thought for a few days...

2 weeks later im with my friend again and he asks me why I didnt message her again and more, since she had been complaining to HIM that I didnt write her up again after that initial chat.. This came as a pleasant surprise so I decide to go for it again and message her rather casually - This time its even more cold and weird and im starting to get really confused. Turns out that she and a female friend of hers are going out later that day and she wants us to join them later on(after saying she wasnt interested in eating at my place, after I offered to cook something for them). Okay, we are still gonna join them in town later.. Cool I guess?

We write and call them later, but not a single answer. Weird. We decide to head home.. **** it, shes not interested anyways.. right?

So I go to bed.. and 1 hour later she frigging calls ME, asking for a place to crash while waiting for a train to leave in 3 hours.. Since I have 2 other buddies at my place I cant offer them any place to sleep, but sure, they still want to come and hang out for the rest of the night... this sorta pisses me off, but I decide that I cant just leave them out there in the cold(most bars were closing, but if she really didnt want to visit, they could have found something) and decide to entertain them. They arrive and we talk, just her and me(and 1 of her friends..she didnt say much, however), for the 3 hours until they have to catch that train. It goes really well, I was really feeling it again, but since she brought her friend I didnt really feel like "going for it", and move in close - it would have been weird, the context given.

They leave for the train in the morning and we hug after talking straight for 3 hours. In the evening she messages me, a new thing this time, asking how my day was etc... Eventually, after some small talk I just crack and decide to get it out - I write her that I think she seems really sweet and asks whether she wants to meet again sometime - She ignores the question and comments something else back, either completely misunderstanding it or deciding to ignore it, so the rejecting isnt too hard I guess.. but given that I was wrong the last time I chatted wit her, im starting to doubt myself here..

Just what the hell is going on? If she had simply said "No, not interested" that would have been fine.. but this is just confusing. She seems really nice in person, but distant and awkward in writing. Now, at some point she must have been interested in me, considering that she complained that I didnt message her again.. but really? She didnt give me much to work with to begin with.

I think im gonna drop it following this, but just really... what just happened? Did she just abuse my hospitality or is she actually interested and just awkward at writing? Thoughts?

We are both 21 if thats any help.