+ Follow This Topic

Thread: new woman

new woman

hi all,

I was in a 5 year relationship where we lived together for the past year and were going to get married. After a long talk and many months of unhappiness, we realized we grew apart and we broke it off 3 weeks ago. it was completely mutual. I still miss her because she was a big part of my life, but I want to move on.

Now theres this girl I used to like at the same time as my ex (when we just started dating) and I havent seen her in 5 years. we met up twice and we instantly hit it off, we also kissed (wasn't planning to, but it just happened)

Seeing as how me and my ex just broke up 3 weeks ago (even though we werent happy for 6 months prior) does that make me a bad person? I dont want to get into anything serious with this girl yet.. I want to take it slow

just want to see what you people think..
    I'm still trying to get over my ex and this new girl is helping but I dont want to rush into anyting

thanks so much

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think after 5 years, dating another woman in 3 weeks is rushing it. It would be best to have a fresh start after you are done "getting over" the ex.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

not trying to rush into anything, we just are hanging out maybe once or twice max a week

Hi, I think your first thoughts are good, it is best to give your self time to allow the past relationship to heal. What happens is that the new relationship is a rebound from the last relationship. This can affect the new relationship because you may be covering up the feelings of loss, by using the new woman as a distraction. What is important is that you spend time with this lady and other ladies as often as you can, to practice your relationship skills. Practice being open, honest and authentic with each woman that you meet. Test out approaches with the new women so that you can develop a deeper way of being with the special woman that you meet one day. Good Luck in Love. jb

its too soon. you should be alone for awhile or this will just be a rebound. your ex also needs time to get over you and it would hurt her to hear youve replaced her so soon. tell the new girl your not ready and need to be on your own. if shes still single in 6 months-you could ask her out then. if not youll meet someone else

I learned that people have got one heart so it means we love someone forever not for a few time or such as we make refresh for our heart every month with a another girl