+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Acting odd...

Acting odd...

Hi all,

My girlfriend broke up with me in January and after a period apart reconciled at Easter. Since then we've not seen a lot of each other due to her having exams which finished last week. We'd spent a couple of weekends together and talked lots on the phone. After she finished her exams she spent the week at Uni partying with her friends, I had no problem with this but a couple of times things got a bit tetchy because I wanted to talk to her and she was being a bit difficult saying she was very busy.

Anyway that all seemed to be fine after a conversation to straighten things out Friday. She came back Saturday and made no attempt to see me and was being quite distant with me. Eventually I ended up seeing her yesterday and it was almost immediately apparent something was wrong. After 10 awkward minutes I just outright asked and she wasn't happy with me because she thought I was annoyed she hadn't come straight back, a miss understanding and once we discussed it and she warmed up.

However the whole time I was there things seemed slightly off. Usually we'd hang out in her room, it was a nice day so we sat outside but it was slightly unusual. Her family all seemed surprised to see me so I assumed she hadn't told them I was coming over. She seemed kind of shifty, not looking at me whilst talking, made me feel like maybe she was hiding something or something was bothering her. When dinner was ready she clearly wanted me to leave, I said I didn't mind waiting if she wanted me to but she said she'd feel bad and ushered me out and i'd only been there a couple of hours, and this was the first time I'd seen her in 4 weeks. We were having a kiss goodbye, which was good until she heard someone coming and jumped away from me very fast so not to be caught which makes me think she hasn't told her family?

It all just seems unusual behaviour, when we've met up since getting back together it's always been fine but it's always when its been just us at my place or out in town. It's almost like she doesn't want anyone to know. I'm not sure what to make of it and I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid? She also made plans to see two of her friends from around here - who I know she doesn't like very much - before making plans to see me?

It just all feels pretty ominous to me!

maybe the honeymoon period is over again and shes having doubts again. remember what i told you last time? this is her last chance. if she dumps you again-your not to take her back again. right?

Oh no I won't take her back again, I've been considering ending it myself but don't want to be hasty. Worried I'm reading too much into things and should give it some time, she says it's what she wants but doesn't really act like it's what she wants, things just doesn't feel quite right at the moment. Makes me feel uncomfortable and then I don't know what to say or do.

you need to ask her straight whats going on. communication is key. if your not satisfied with her answers and still feel like the issues are unresolved-then just walk away. i think you have prob wasted too much time on her already.

I probably have, I definitely have if it ends like this. Haven't got a problem with taking things so slow as long she's honest with me, just think she's holding something back. I won't be too devastated this time if it doesn't work out, I just really don't understand her again :/.

Why are you waiting for her to make a decision to end it? She's not being very attentive to you, she didn't even ask you if you'd like to stay for dinner when you were already there.. How rude (IMO).

From what you've described she values you little and you might get over this quicker if you take things into your own hands, take back your own personal power and tell her that it's not working and that you wish her well. Then end all contact.

You're waiting for her to drop the axe which is ego bruising and disrespect to your own self. Your call of course but it appears that the writing is on the wall.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It does seem like she's getting ready to break up with you, but doesn't have the courage to do it. Maybe she is hoping if she avoids you, you'll just move on, and she can avoid the awkward break-up talk. You don't have to let her off that easy. You deserve a definite answer so you can start to move on. I would just straight out ask her, "Are you avoiding me because you want to break-up?" Good luck.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

She may just feel a little shy in front of her family showing affection to a guy.

The whole plans thing... Very lame. Who knows what's going on there. Idk her. Could be alot of things.

She could not like u anymore yes. She could be pushing u away because she has issues. She could just genuinely want to be doing other things.
    Either way id find a chick that digs you more.