+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ex wants no contact, and then talks to me?!

Ex wants no contact, and then talks to me?!

Basically my boyfriend broke up with me on Monday, because we keep getting into situations and saying that it'll never happen again, and it always does! But personally I think that's because we never REALLY talk about what went wrong, anyway!
    He said he wants us to be friends, and try again one day, but he can't talk to me just now, and will talk to me when he's ready.
    I made the mistake of texting him this morning because I've gotten so used to talking to him as its happened every day for the past 13/14 months! And he replied saying that he's happy to talk and if I want to talk I've just to text him. How can he say that, but want no contact? In my text I also said that I was only doing it from force of habit, and he replied saying he was "feeling weird this morning because he's so used to it".
    He's even wanting to meet up next week to talk about everything.
    I'm so confused, can anyone possibly shed some light on what he might be meaning?
    I love him so so much and would do anything to get him back, I know where I went wrong and want to make the changes that are needed but I'm scared we're over for good.
    Thanks for any advice, sorry this post is so long!

Please no double posting.

It doesn't appear he has actually requested no contact - his wish to remain friends means that he still cares for you and wants you in his life. I think he is happy for you to communicate with him on a friendly basis but will probably withdraw if you initiate anything of a more romantic nature. It seems he already knows your desires about reuniting as a couple but needs to figure out whether he takes the plunge or not. The fact that he has suggested meeting up next week is a great sign but you must both express yourselves openly and honestly. The best thing to do would be to accept his idea to have a discussion - keep communication brief and to the point - say something along the lines of "Sure, let me know when is good for you", and once again to his response of say a date, time and place "See you then". By keeping all contact minimal you will give him the opportunity to miss you, and therefore the prospect of losing you will be greater. Besides it's better to save all communication for when you meet face-to-face.