+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Question about the No Contact after a break-up issue.

Question about the No Contact after a break-up issue.

I was just wondering, most people end up bothering their ex for days, even weeks after they break up and sometimes after they finally do the 'no contact' thing, it works and their ex comes back because they miss them.
    If the 'no contact' thing started only 36 hours after the break up, would that hurt my chances at getting her back or what?
    Like would she think that I got over her so fast and that she should do the same or what?
    I just need some answers, preferably from those with expierence.
    "Life is what you make it, watch your Karma and you will be happy in life. Always trust your heart and let God guide you as he will never lead you astray."

I suggest you read the post started by justin called "What do you think?" because whaywardj explains quite well what you might be experiencing.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

I don't think there's any way to gauge it, man.

Well, hopefully somehow these people can see the light once again...I don't know, even when something makes so much sense, some people can stand still and not do anything about it.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

But...I thought God said it will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon20na
    ...after they finally do the 'no contact' thing, it works and their ex comes back because they miss them.
    **They didn't come back BECAUSE of the no contact. They came back because they figured out they loved ther person and wanted to have the relationship.

If the 'no contact' thing started only 36 hours after the break up, would that hurt my chances at getting her back or what?
    Goes back to my first point**. Chances are OK. I stopped contact after a couple of days with my ex and we got back together.

But... She will think you dont care, and will also think you are gutless and cant fight for what you want. Women want someone who will stand up for their rights. During a breakup they do want to be told how much you care, but they also want to be told what went wrong.

Like would she think that I got over her so fast and that she should do the same or what?
    No. She doesnt want to be with you, so she wont care.

Thats a problem with no contact, they arent reminded how much you love them. But thats also usually why they want the break, because they dont want to see how much you love them so she can get over you.

I only use no contact if I want them to hurt and think I dont want the relationship myself.

There is no right thing to do.

I would go and find someone else.

Mick

Mick
    Last edited by mini696; 01-07-05 at 09:14 AM.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Once your relationship has gone down this path, it will not recover. No technique, no strategy, no game-plan will make it work. The relationship failed, and the 2 of you broke it off for a reason.

There is no such thing as "taking a break" during a relationship and expecting it to actually work out in the long run. Show me someone who "took a break" or broke up and "won" the other person's heart back in the end - and stood the test of time - and I will be happy to show you a green Canadian elf. This shit just doesn't happen.

Move on. Breaking up sucks, but it happened for a reason obviously. Learn from it and get on with your life.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

we broke up once and got back together, there's no reason to think that it can't happen again.
    "Life is what you make it, watch your Karma and you will be happy in life. Always trust your heart and let God guide you as he will never lead you astray."

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon20na
    we broke up once and got back together, there's no reason to think that it can't happen again.

You should finish the first part of this reply...
    we broke up once and got back together then broke up again.

Then reread the second part and see how it applies now.
    there's no reason to think that it can't happen again

Not only does this apply to getting together again, but also breaking up again. I believe it will be a never ending cycle.

Get over her.

Mick
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by mini696
    You should finish the first part of this reply...
    we broke up once and got back together then broke up again.

Then reread the second part and see how it applies now.
    there's no reason to think that it can't happen again

Not only does this apply to getting together again, but also breaking up again. I believe it will be a never ending cycle.

Get over her.

Mick
    Agreed.... It's like a period for a woman, hurts, makes you sick but always happens unless you choose to not let it......

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon20na View Post
    Good grief, stop playing games and either break up or stay together and work out your problems with professional help. Don't play the, it's on, it's off game. That so immature. Grow up.

He probably has grown up in the last 4 years...

Quote Originally Posted by lovesjoyajm View Post
    He probably has grown up in the last 4 years...
    You're probably right... I didn't notice the date of the post till after the post.. hahaha silly me

Holy crap... I come back here after, well, a long time and this is what I find...

So much has changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by whitedragon20na View Post
    Holy crap... I come back here after, well, a long time and this is what I find...

So much has changed since then.
    So what happened with your ex?