+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just friends?!

Just friends?!

Hey guys, so I started seeing this guy 6 months ago. We slept together once and during the first month we held Hands, kissed and everything. But then we sorta became just friends. He did ask me over late at night shortly after we hooked up but i denied cause i didn't want it to be a casual Thing in the beginning. Now 5 months later he still Flirts with me a lot, he texts me almost every day, he sends me kisses and calls me nicknames and asks me to hang out a lot but we aren't progressing towards an emotional or a physical relationship. I am wondering why he isn't at least trying to sleep with me if a girlfriend is not what he is looking for. Does he really just want to be my friend? I have never been in a Situation before where I went from dating to just friends without a break up in between. I have thought about him not being attracted to be physically but he made very clear that he finds me absolutely attractive and that he would have sex with me in a second (if that's what i was going for because I asked him once why he wouldn't try sleeping with me# but he hasn't acted on it. What is the deal? In my experience guys only either want a relationship or more often casual sex or nothing at all. They never just want to be friends #I'm talking about texting almost every day and hanging out like twice a week or more). What are your thoughts on this?

I think this guy is not interested in you in a sexual way. I'd find love elsewhere. And, if you are not getting your needs met, just why are you still hanging around with him? Ann
    Ann

Have you tried initiating sex? If he turns you down, he really must not be sexually attracted to you. How sad to be a woman and get turned down for sex.

Hahaha you guys are just so nice and helpful.

He's probably not being more blatant about sex because he doesn't want to push you away. Besides, he realizes you know he wants sex, so he figures you'll let him know if you change your mind.

If he's not going for a relationship, then he likely doesn't want to be tied down or committed to anyone. You can puzzle over why he continues to flirt with you and date you if nothing is happening, but somebody could ask the same question of you. Why are you spending so much time with a guy who won't offer you a relationship? Maybe he's content with what you guys have and isn't interested in anything more serious at this point of his life. That is assuming he's the one who's said he doesn't want it to progress toward a relationship. If you're the one who's turned him down on that, then he probably really likes you and is just taking whatever he can get.
    Last edited by VerticalMoon; 12-06-13 at 06:40 AM.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy