+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Partner said she has lost her feelings for me - what can I do?

My Partner said she has lost her feelings for me - what can I do?

Hello ladies,

My partner and I have been together for over 6 years now. I felt that she is increasingly distant of late and when I tried to make a move on her a few days ago, she said she was uneasy and refused. Alarm bells started ringing and we had a long chat and I finally realised the problem - for the past 2 years we have only had sex a handful times. She cried as she said why have I just realised the problem. She felt I was no longer attracted to her and didn't love her anymore. She said she has lost her feelings for me and felt distant.

It broke my heart to hear it as I had no idea I neglected her and the damaged I had done. I love her very much and I want to make amends but she said she need some time.

I know I can't push her into accepting me as I can imagine it had been very hard for her and it is completely my fault that our relationship gets to this stage. What can I do that won't alienate her but will help repair the relationship?

Your advise / experience will be much appreciated

Well she feels ignored so take an extra step. She sounds like a very forgiving and patient woman to have a huge problem bothering her for so long and not saying anything about it. I would rub her back, touch her hair, hold hands, hug, kiss, take her out to eat, and of course give her some sex! Just make her feel like she's special and attractive to you.