+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating advice

Dating advice

I remember this site helped me a lot when I was going through my break up with the guy I was dating then. I took off last year to better myself and get over my past. I met this guy towards Christmas ( 2012) at a local bar and we talked for a little bit, seemed we had a lot in common and he asked for my number and suggested we go out for drink sometime. I agreed and a little while after I realized if I didn't text him, he would never text me first. so I decided not to sweat him and after two times of texting him first I stopped. This was in January. so we would talk on and off but the conversations always ended abruptly and we wouldn't talk for weeks. come February after presidents' day, we talked and we made plans to go out that Wednesday. in fact he called me the day before and we talked for a little bit and he set the time. came the day of the night out, it was about 6 o'clock and I hadn't heard from him about the plans , so I texted him and asked him if he was going to pick me up...and he replied he thought we were going to meet there. He later called me back and decided we go to some restaurant by my neighborhood. he picked me up and we had good conversation, there was never a dull moment and we had so much in common and thought we would actually get along well. well after the date, I told him I had a really good time and he said he did too and I mentioned that I wanted to do it again sometime. I hugged him and went in to my house. He later texted me that he was home and again I told him I had a good time and told him to tell me if he wanted to do anything that weekend. well that is the last I heard from him. He never called me or texted me, nothing. I texted him a few days after asking him how school is ( he is an elementary school teacher) he didn't say anything.
    Two weeks past, I ran in to him at the same place we met. I hugged him and asked him how he was, he replied nicely and told me he was happy to see me. he was there with some of his friends and I was there with some of my friends so I didn't want to crowd his space esp considering the fact that he hadn't contacted me since our date. but later while I walked to the bathroom I saw him in scuffle with this other girl and it seemed they were having an argument/ sort of. All I heard was that she wasn't trying to dance with him and earlier I had seen that he was trying to dance with her. I didn't pay too much attention but all that time at the bar, he kept looking at me, every time I would look his way he would be looking at me. so I thought may be I was being rude, so I went over to ask him if he wanted to dance, he just told he was trying to get a drink for his broz and then looked away. First it didn't register that he had ignored me but later I moved away and he came to talk to me after that or anything. we haven't spoken since that day and I wonder, is there something that I did wrong that chased him away, did the hug ruin things for me that may be I put him in the friend zone or was he not interested at all. I know it has been a while but I can't stop thinking of him , what is your advice on this?

Dude hasn't called you since February? And the drama at the bar two weeks ago was about him creeping on some other girl? He isn't interested in you anymore. You probably didn't do anything wrong, he just wasn't feeling any chemistry. Or maybe he has a type, and you don't happen to be it. Don't stress over this, just move on.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

It just doesn't sound like you two are really into eachother. You guys aren't actively pursuing eachother or acting interested. It sounds very casual and that you guys are better off as friends

My opinion, he is Not interested and if he is interested and that is how he shows it, he has major issues.