+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My boyfriend went on a date with a mutual friend

My boyfriend went on a date with a mutual friend

Hello all, i hope to get good advice from you guys. I and my boyfriend of 2 yrs worked in the same office while he was working there he and a colleague of ours began to flirt and i told him i did not like it so he stopped.

He got a job with a new company and moved on. Yesterday night he called me at about 9:45pm that he just got home from a date with this same girl. I asked him why they went on a date together while i didn't see him all weekend and he says because he promised her so he had to do so.

I told him i was hurt by his actions because this is a girl we quarreled about but he told me we view things in different ways that he was just being a nice friend to her.His actions make me feel unsafe in the relationship and i feel i should move on.

What do you guys think his actions mean? and i choose to stay how do i handle it. Thanks for your thoughts.

I think you should move on too. Break up with him. He obviously has feelings for her (its called an emotional affair). You can do better

Quote Originally Posted by dolls View Post
    ...and he says because he promised her so he had to do so.
    That is him failing to take responsibility for his actions. He said that he had to do it because he promised to do it. Then WHY did he promise to do it?

Even if he had the best of intentions, he is an idiot who is causing trouble. I think that you should dump him.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    That is him failing to take responsibility for his actions. He said that he had to do it because he promised to do it. Then WHY did he promise to do it?
    Not only that, but this:

Quote Originally Posted by dolls View Post
    I told him i was hurt by his actions because this is a girl we quarreled about but he told me we view things in different ways that he was just being a nice friend to her.
    Is him justifying his outrageous behavior and blaming you for the negative reaction, instead of his actions. It's obvious he cares nothing for your feelings. Time to flee.

lalalita Guest
    When you say he "took her out on a date", what do you mean? Do you mean they hung out alone, one on one? Or, did he take her to dinner/etc?

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    When you say he "took her out on a date", what do you mean? Do you mean they hung out alone, one on one? Or, did he take her to dinner/etc?
    It doesn't really matter... he preferred seeing this other girl that is into him rather than being with his girlfriend. Then he tries to justify what he did and actually blame his girlfriend. The relationship is already over.

Quote Originally Posted by lalalita View Post
    Yes I mean they hung out alone, one on one

OMG he so wants you to dump him......

Definitely leave him!! Staying with him is only going to show that you are tolerating his actions no matter how much you tell him it is wrong.