+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how do you handle arguments?

how do you handle arguments?

Had a mini argument with my girlfriend last night. what are good ways to handle them?

That depends on the girl and what you were arguing about.

It depends on what your typical behavior is when you are angry/upset, and the typical behavior of your partner in the same situation.

For example, if you are the type of person that becomes cruel when angry, make sure your partner knows about this beforehand (tell her in the "getting to know each other" phase of the relationship), and when you get angry in a discussion walk away temporarily and take the time you need to cool down. When you are calm, resume the conversation. Cruel words, even if said only in a spur of anger, can hurt in irreversible ways.
    Last edited by searock; 25-06-13 at 05:28 AM.

Yep, more info please. What was it about and how did you speak to each other? Did you each listen to the other's opinion?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

i argue calmly normally-no raised voices, swearing, name calling or being cruel/nasty. and my bf is the same. we dont really argue-just discus-open honest communication and fhings are resolved quickly.

on the rare occasion that i am really mad-i walk away, ask for space ant talk when im ready.

sometimes i have a little hissy fit and a bit of a rant but that turns him on so its okay. he just smiles at me till i realize im being irrational and we both start laughing

Its pointless to argue. Most women don't like being wrong and the guy will be punished whether he was right or wrong anyway. Just nod your head and always admit you were wrong even when you know you were correct. Its easier that way. Actually, sometimes its even entertaining by not arguing and admitting your were wrong. Some women will spend hours thinking about all the crap and different ways they are going to argue how a guy was wrong. One simple admission and it totally throws them for a loop.

We don't argue. I usually just lock her in the closet until she comes around to my point of view. It doesn't take very long.