+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Very good friend?

Very good friend?

Hello representatives of the beautiful gender,
    I've, yet again, got a stupid question for you.

Ever since the dawn of my dating life, I've sometimes met girls who usually got a very good male friend. An example story would be like this:
    I ask her what was she up to on holidays and the answer I received was, "I went to a very good friends house and partied." Which to me sounds like she's interested in that person rather than me. I may be oblivious to what that in actuality means, but ah well.

Now, my question is, what is this "very good friend", what does it mean?

Is it the "No entry" road sign?
    Is it a "friendzoned" male friend they got?
    Is it someone they're interested in?
    Is it their male BFF?
    Is it their ex-?
    Should I even pay attention to that persons existence? (so far I have and the thought of it, pretty much, ruined dozens of possible relationships for me)

This has been bugging me for ever.

I dont believe in male/female friendships-not ones who hang out one on one and spend loads of time together, confide in each other, stay at each others house, ring each other frequently, text etc all that is not friendship-its practically dating and guarantee at least one of them is crushing on the other and if they are not into each other right now-they will be at some point in the future.

I think its fine to have a few male friends who you hang out with in groups occasionally. On a night out I bump into all my old male friends from school and we catch up, chat, maybe dance a little and have a few shots. Other then that I dont contact them-they dont contact me. May like their status on FB occasionally.

I have one male friend who is gay. Again we dont text, ring each other, talk on FB etc. He may call into me at work occasionally for a quick chat. Thats all. I used to be close to a male friend years ago when I was a teenager but we lost touch with work, college, dating etc. Again we never hung out one on on. We hung out in at least a group of 3 or four and we would text each other sometimes. Honestly he was the same as a female friend to me.. We went to my debs/prom together as friends. Nothing ever happened between us-not even a kiss but it caused problems sometimes. One of his potential gfs got extremely jealous of me-stalking my social networking sites and pictures and giving him a really hard time. I realized then that our friendship could cause a lot of problems for both of us and we became distant.

anyway I think you should stay away from girls who have close male friends. It obviously makes you feel insecure or jealous and most women who are surrounded by male friends are attention whores.
    Last edited by michelle23; 25-06-13 at 08:19 PM.

Yup, insecurity is the thing that drives me away from them. Well, good call by me then, cut the snakes head off before it lays eggs... okay, that was harsh..
    Basically, as soon as you/I/someone else gets the suspicion that the girl they're interested in has a male friend like that - run the **** away.
    Cheerio~

Its not even being insecure. Its being smart. My cousin has a lot of male friends. She is the most complicated, annoying, drama queen on the planet. I love her but she drives me freaking insane. Anyway most her close male friends are either crushing on her or she is crushing on them.. She loves being the centre of attention, loves drama, every time I see her-there is something for her to whine about and play the victim but she is actually so manipulative. she enjoys getting everyone to feel sorry for her and acts like all her problems are everyone elses fault. When in reality she just has bad taste in men, allows them to mess her around, dumps them at least once a week but then allows them to come back again for more drama. Every time they break up, shes all sad expecting everyone to be there for her, to bring her for icecream and wipe her tears, asks for advice but never listens to a word of it.

Anyway I am done with her coz she is a mess and needs to learn to grow up and stand on her own two feet. Im sick of always being made to feel like the bad person when I dont tell her what she wants to hear and now she avoids me and just uses me when she wants something coz she knows I am not gonna enable or her BS..

Sorry for ranting. Im just giving you an example of what these annoying drama queens can be like..