+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does he really want... any clues

What does he really want... any clues

I recently met a guy I really like and we have been spending a lot of time together chatting, texting, cooking for each other etc.
    I really like him and in all honestly I have no idea in what way he likes me. I assume he doesn't completely detest me or he wouldn't spend so much time with me etc.
    He is single and I'm in the middle of a separation and I have a small child who he is great with.
    We have been separately invited to the same party next week and he has suggested that I stay over at his place so I can have a drink and not drive.

And so to my question any guys that can answer:
    Is there likely to be any ulterior motive or is he just expecting me to sleep in his spare room.
    Thanks

Who knows. Maybe you can find out. But don't let him sleep with you.

I think he likes you the same way you like him. Dont sleep with him though. Make him take you out on a few dates and work hard to impress you. Dont act on anything yet though unless you and your partner have already agreed to split up

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I think he likes you the same way you like him. Dont sleep with him though. Make him take you out on a few dates and work hard to impress you. Dont act on anything yet though unless you and your partner have already agreed to split up
    Thanks.....
    It's really confusing... not been in the dating game etc for almost 20 years and I feel like a complete teenager. After 5 years of being ignored by my OH it's really nice to have someone pay attention to me and I really don't know how it all works ... LOL...

You just need to ask him straight "do you have feelings for me". If he says yes then say "why have you not asked me out then"?

I know its awkward and scary but its better to know the truth than to stay stuck in limbo.

Hi again....
    Thanks for the advice....
    Well I'm totally rubbish at this LOL...

Anyway, we both went to the party, went back to his place and chatted until about 3.30 in the morning at which point both of su didn't quite know what to do... great, I know... so I went to the spare room...

Next day I decided to send him a message and just ask if he had wanted me to sty with him and he said he didn't want to make me feel awkward which was why he hadn't asked...

Now what...
    I really like him but don't want to scare him off... we've both been hurt before...

Text him again and say "I like you but I am not sure if you feel the same?"
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

Think this was played perfectly, you certainly didn't want to end up in his bed, UNLESS he'd have made a move and kissed you, you're both adults and I'm sure capable of cuddling up in a bed without having sex.

Think its time to call him out, just say you had a really nice time, hope he did too, and ask him whats he's thinking