+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Long Distance. Do I let her go for our happiness.

Long Distance. Do I let her go for our happiness.

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for almost a year now, we have been seeing eachother for longer than that. (I am also a girl.)

Firstly, we had plans for when we we're going to university. However she didn't get into the one she wanted and so she was going to stay at home with her parents and work and then travel for 3 months, then next September she would reapply and go to uni then, catching up with me on my second year. I encouraged her to do this so we both had stuff to do and she didn't feel like she was being left behind with no purpose. We would then go on to living together etc, we had it all planned out.

I love her very much and would do anything for her. However yesterday she texted me saying that she may just forget about university and all that for a while and travel for 2 years. This hit me like a bombshell as we wouldn't be speaking for most of the 2 years, apart from like christmas and birthdays etc when I would go home and she would not be travelling then. When she is travelling she isn't taking her laptop with her incase it gets broken (even after much pleading from me, she won't) and she says we wont be able to talk much on the phone because it is too expensive and so we won't be hardly talking. At first she didn't mention us. Then she said that "travelling is not pratical for us" which I have no idea what means.

Orginally when she was only going for 3 months, instead of 2 years, she was still finding it hard that she would be without me, and now I am extremely confused as to what to do now. I want to work out with her, as I cannot live without her but it doesnt feel like she cares that much. And the whole she doesn't know what to do with us thing she said. Which has thrown me off completely. I havent mentioned this too her cause I said to her that I dont want to be the person that stops her from doing what she really wants to do with her life, but its hurting me that she hasn't considered me in her new life, it feels like i've sort of been thrown aside. For this summer we will be fine and then in September it'll all change and it'll kill me.

What would you guys do in this situation?

Traveling is more important to her right now than you are. Time to let her go.

it sounds like she wants to break up to me