+ Follow This Topic

Thread: how to start over?

how to start over?

Hi I'm 18 years old and I just graduated from high school... Throughout high school i have always been criticize, backstab, lots of people spread rumors about me being a hoe,& ect. I realized i made bad decision during the time but its all part of growing up. But honestly, i care way to much what people think about me and I'm constantly thinking about the past because even after graduation people are still talking bad about me and saying false statement. But i want to start over and leave high school behind me. Was high school horrible for any one else? and any advice on how Not to care what people think about me or say?

I also had a not so good high school life and I can relate to what you are saying..
    hmm.. I think with our age, we tend to have a n imaginary audience.. I mean, yes people might be talking about us but we tend to exaggerate that fact..
    Just saying that, how not to care? simple, build yourself..
    as long as you are busy building yourself then, you wouldn't care what other people think..
    or...
    make that as an inspiration to strive harder..

I think this is normal but don't let it eat you..
    now you are done with high school start meeting new friends and I mean friends whom you think will not make you feel that way..

so good luck girl!
    I AM A LOVE ON THE LOST

I think high school is just meant to be crap so it teaches us to grow up. My times in high school wasn't so pretty.. :S But the best advice I can give you is to cut out the people who aren't worth holding onto. Make new impressions in college. Talk to people you might not have thought of talking to in high school. Interact with others in class. That's the best way to make new friends. Or, if you're like me, go to a college three hours from home in another state. Granted, for me so far it's not working out so well (No one is talking to me really), but I'm hoping it will.

Hope this helps