+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Almost doesn't count...at least not yet.

Almost doesn't count...at least not yet.

I met this guy around 3 weeks ago through a mutual friend at a BBQ at his place.

It turns out we have a bunch of friends in common. Since we became facebook friends, I've been gotten invites in the last few weeks to the same events that he's going to too, many of which are swing dancing events.

I see him at times 2-3 days in a row per week (insane right?) at group events. He's asked me, "Why have we only met now? We know all the same people..."

He's still learning how to dance and about 2 weeks ago, we agreed to go to a lesson together sometime and a goodbye party for my friend (a friend he's never met) together; that didn't happen because he forgot he had plans to go to a baseball game that night.

Anyways, the last few weeks have been great. Our friends all have had a blast. We've danced a lot and had late nights together in groups. I texted him last night and asked him to go to a swing dance lesson this coming Friday since we're both actually free that day (no mutual events that we're both invited to on the 5th) and he didn't respond.

I ran into him in person today and he mentioned he had no plans on Friday night, and I just casually mentioned, "did you get that text?" and he grinned and said, "Yeah, I did. I have no plans, but I'm not sure... I'll think about it."

So I'm confused - why is he now unsure about going to take a dance lesson with me, when a few weeks ago, he was ready to go?

There have a few instances of these things that 'almost' happen, but don't. He offered to give me a ride to a dance a few days ago, but I already had one, so I said no. I've only seen him in group settings and we have great conversations but then get interrupted by others around us.
    Last edited by pascale; 01-07-13 at 01:01 PM. Reason: grammatical error

I'd say that he's already got other plans pencilled in and wants to know which way they are going before he confirms with you. Make sure you don't feel a level of commitment to him until he starts to be reliable with you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Great conversation, swing dance lessons and group friend get togethers sound kind of boring to be honest. If there's spark, chemistry and attraction from the get go, there's a lot more sexual tension and spontaneity between 2 people.
    Just sounds unexciting, which is why it's floundering.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest