+ Follow This Topic

Thread: she never replies to my "morning beautiful" texts

she never replies to my "morning beautiful" texts

some days i will text my girlfriend and say "morning beautiful" and she never replies to them. Well she replies but she never says "thank you" or anything like that. when i tell her in person she says "thanks sweetie" or "thanks babe"

i just think its weird she never says thanks in the text dont you?

What is her reply?

No, I don't think it's weird. The reason she's not responding is likely to be either; a) she's not a morning person or b) she's not the kind of girl who needs to be texted when there's nothing to say.

Stop sending them so often.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by namemyname View Post
    What is her reply?
    she will say something like "last night was fun" or "my brother is being a jerk today" or" she will say "morning"

its weird. like i dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by evan92 View Post
    she will say something like "last night was fun" or "my brother is being a jerk today" or" she will say "morning"

its weird. like i dont know.
    I'm missing something. So, she IS responding to your texts, but not saying 'thankyou'. What is she supposed to thank you for?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I'm missing something. So, she IS responding to your texts, but not saying 'thankyou'. What is she supposed to thank you for?
    calling her beautiful?

calling her beautiful?

Fail. If you call her that all the time, then she considers it a term of endearment, and not a compliment that requires gratitude.

When I get a "greeting...beautiful", I don't say thank you. I reply with, "greeting...handsome/hot stuff", or just ask how his day is or something.

calling her beautiful?
    Agree 100% with namemyname. Because you say it all the time, she sees it as a term of endearment - just like if you called her 'honey' or 'sweetheart' every morning. I'm sure you would get a thankyou if she dressed beautifully for an evening out and you told her she looks stunning.

Also, compliments should be given without expectation of anything in return

calling her beautiful?
    100% agree with Basil and Name. Epic fail. Please don't be one of those guys who expects a thank you... She's taking it as a pet name. Just be grateful that, when you send those texts, you get a reply. I can't count the number of times I've sent messages like that to people and rarely have I gotten a reply just saying "hi" or something.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Another possibility is that you are showering her with too many compliments on her appearance, and perhaps not enough on other traits that are actually meaningful. When overdone, compliments become annoying and sound artificial.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Another possibility is that you are showering her with too many compliments on her appearance, and perhaps not enough on other traits that are actually meaningful. When overdone, compliments become annoying and sound artificial.
    Excellent point. Being called beautiful on a daily basis would lose all meaning. And I'd much prefer a compliment on my personality anyway.

Or brains.

But not both: "Oh wow, you have such sweet brains" is never good to hear.

Would be awesome if she replied with "Barf!"

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Or brains.

But not both: "Oh wow, you have such sweet brains" is never good to hear.
    Could be worse...He could just stare at her chest and go, "You have such a big........erm...heart." lol

I like to use the compliment (rarely, though so it doesn't lose its value), "You know, you're really easy to talk to. You have a really gentle heart."