+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What makes you breakup with someone?

What makes you breakup with someone?

I'm curious to know what can cause a breakup in a relationship? Bad habits? It just "petered" out? Person is not what they seem to be? Please state your age. Thanks.

What can cause a breakup? In some relationships even the smallest quarrel can cause a breakup so it really depends. There are many posibilities. I'm 100 years old.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Bordem?. People who are not in love get bord of each other.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

One person is cheap.

Tone Guest
    There's a million things that could cause a breakup.. why don't you just stop beating around the bush and post your problem.

Tone, you are too funny and have loads of common sense! We must rescue you from the evils of the middle America.
    Last edited by shh!; 05-07-05 at 10:02 PM.

Tone Guest
    Please do :(

Here's my past reasons for breakups, mostly had to do with bad hygeine:

age 18 The guy had horrible dandruff I mean it's like Christmas everyday. Despite having a put-together facade on the outside when you get to really know this person he's very insecure and has Nazi-type hatred towards people. Very depressing to be around. Ugh! ~ breakup

age 20 Boyfriend became possessive but his hygeine was okay. I wasn't allowed any male friends and he even became jealous of my best gal friend and accused us of being lesbians. He's from a middle eastern background. ~ breakup

current bf has hygeine from hell. Too many details for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Bordem?. People who are not in love get bord of each other.
    Yeah it's bound to happen. Soon there'll be a pill to keep that falling-in-love feeling fresh and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Readymade
    current bf has hygeine from hell. Too many details for this post.
    ~breakup..............

Tone Guest
    If hygeine is such a big issue to you (as it should be!) why do you keep getting involved with people who lack good hygiene?

I understand sometimes you don't notice these things about someone until after awhile into the relationship, or you move in with them or whatnot... but when you say "hygiene from hell" I just picture the worse.

Bad hygiene? If you are being objective about this assessment (meaning you don't have some undisclosed phobias which may skew your judgement), I'd say bad hygiene is pretty gross.
    Last edited by shh!; 06-07-05 at 12:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    If hygeine is such a big issue to you (as it should be!) why do you keep getting involved with people who lack good hygiene?

I understand sometimes you don't notice these things about someone until after awhile into the relationship, or you move in with them or whatnot... but when you say "hygiene from hell" I just picture the worse.
    Picture this! Advanced periodontal disease, 4 missing lower teeth due to decay, dandruff, recurring ear infections with a mad nasty funk, uncontrollable farting, 30lb weight gain....... But he's the sweetest guy I know.

When I first started dating him he was a very well dressed sophisticated man. Many people would come up to him and tell him he looked like David Bowie. Though he had a belly he looked slim and fit, until he put on pounds due to quitting smoking. I rather him quit and gain weight than to keep this habit. When you spend too much time at home with your mate sometimes it's too easy to let yourself go. Only when you go out do you get dressed and look like the first day you met. We don't have the money to fix his teeth. It's very expensive work.

I tried to but I can't keep my attracttion to him anymore. It's a shallow thing,no?

garoooooooooooooooooooooss.

Tone Guest
    LOL 'sombra is so cute!

But really that is pretty bad... sweet or not there has to be that physical attraction and what you described I wouldn't blame you for leaving... I think the grossest thing was the "mad nasty funk" that goes with the ear infection... yuck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast