+ Follow This Topic

Thread: does the sex slow down as you get more serious?

does the sex slow down as you get more serious?

when you get in a relationship does the sex slow down a bit as you get more and more serious? after a few months as feelings get stronger does the sex slow down as you spend more tme just talking and cuddling?

Every couple is different. My personal answer is yes. We hung out about 3 times a week when we first started datin and we had sex all the time. Like most of the time we were together lol. Then when we moved in together at 6 months sex slowed to every other night on average. We are both just fine with that. I always thought id want it every night but now that life happens, I'm usually tired and I think it feels Better when we don't do it everyday anymore. We hold hands and cuddle and kiss everyday though that's for sure

for me and my bf no. sex is still very regular after 5 happy years.
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

The animal sex (because you are infatuated with each other) at the beginning will taper off ...as time goes on the sex becomes more deep and emotional. Then depending on life and each individual, like the other poster stated, the frequency will change. It doesn't mean it's a bad thing if each are satisfied with the amount.

After having a child can definitely have an impact on sex for sure....raising children, responsibilities, work, etc can be other contributors.
    Last edited by smackie9; 07-07-13 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Well great for u and ur perfect relationship. Why aren't u married or even engaged yet then?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    What is regular to you? Regular is a vague term in this case.

It really does depend on the relationship. In my experience in time sex will slow down as lives get more busy and time becomes scarce... things don't seem as dire to fit in when you feel like you have more time with the person you're with so sex can take a back burner to other more 'important" things.

But I've also been in long term relationships where sex daily went on for a a year or longer. Everyone is different, it doesn't mean one is wrong and another is right.

I'm not sure it's how often you have sex that changes so much as it's the type of sex you have that changes. If it were possible to sustain that whole initial 'falling in love, ripping each others clothes off, Christening every room any chance you get' type sex people wouldn't have affairs anything like so readily. It's not realistic to expect that to remain the daily norm but what you trade up to is infinitely more meaningful in my opinion.