+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need Help on Recent Break-up!

Need Help on Recent Break-up!

I'll give you the long story short.

I have been dating a girl for a year and a half. She is everything I have dreamt of, she is amazing. One night after a fight I slipped up and texted my ex-girlfriend (who I left for this girl). She forgave me at first and said we needed to work on growing up. She started hanging out with her Ex-boyfriend all of the sudden and we broke up. He cheated on her in their previously relationship and she said to me the day after we broke up, "I may be crazy, but I want to give him a chance." If we are meant to be we will get back together and be stronger.

We texted 2 days after breaking up and her ex-boyfriend started to get mad. She even texted me saying, "I already feel like I want to be with you, please give this time."

Now that the story is out of the way, what do I do?!

Contact her? Ignore her?

Please Help!

You two sound like a mess. Your both texting your exe's.. Breaking up.. Getting back together.. Just be single for the good of everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by SparklyRug;

We texted 2 days after breaking up and her ex-boyfriend started to get mad. She even texted me saying, "I already feel like I want to be with you, please give this time."

Please Help!
    2 pieces of advice,

1, she is contradicting herself in the statement. If she really wanted to be with you she wouldn't be needing time, i think she is playing both sides and keeping you hanging while she considers her options

2, don't text, meet and talk face to face.

I'd ignore her for sure. Focus on going no contact and moving on. Tell her if she really wants to be with you, that she can leave him and you'll give the relationship another chance. But that you're not going to sit around indulging some stupid fantasy about how some day you'll have a better future while she's off f*&#ing another man. If you do, then you're just being a doormat.

Try to focus on moving on. Let her see what it's like to lose you by being completely out of her life. If that's not enough to make her want to come back, then you'll know where you stand with her. You deserve better.

Actually, scrap that, I'm not even sure if she'd be worth taking back at this point. She threw you under the bus after a year and a half just for a guy who'd hurt her and cheated on her. I'd give some serious thought as to whether or not it's worth taking her back if she breaks up with him.
    Last edited by VerticalMoon; 07-07-13 at 11:43 PM.
    “This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I did make the mistake of texting my ex-girlfriend and saying I wasn't ready to commit even after we had an apartment together. (It was a night where we had fought and I did a dumb, senseless action) Is that enough to push her away forever?

**Also I told her about recent girls that have texted me and she demanded what there names were. I wouldn't tell her because I said "If you don't want to be with me then what does it matter."
    Last edited by SparklyRug; 10-07-13 at 08:14 AM.

you both want to be single.. stop forcing the relationship
    You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
    - Mae West

i say move on
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    - Jimi Hendrix

http://inspiringlovequotes.net