+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So spiteful during fights :/

So spiteful during fights :/

Okay..so straight to the matter
    We've been in a relationship for almost an year now and by chance i discovered something that hurt me
    Okay so there are these 3 guys who liked her while we were dating and then i clearly told her that i felt uncomfortable around them because they actually asked her out and clearly discouraged her from dating me (2 of the 3 while the last one so clearly kept hitting on her) while she was with me and then she promised me that she would never go out with them or even text them (other than the formality texts/replies) which i happily believed back then and thought it was true so far..
    and in between when we had fights i found out ( not from her as she tried hiding it ) that she went out alone for dinner and ice cream with 2 of these guys on separate days and alone(its an unwritten rule for us that we established that we would never go alone with any other guy/girl for dinner or a movie or whatever)
    Once i found out about this,i confronted her and we talked about it and we made up and she said they dont mean anything and would not ever talk to them and i again believed it but i knew it would take time for me to regain her trust..
    fast forward a few months to now when we are on our summer break and we just text each other
    so we had another fight recently ( a small one which just lasted an hour ) and we made up..
    now i happened to by chance look into her fb messages when she forgot her phone at my place( i know this is wrong but i would have gained her trust fully if i hadn't seen any names out of the ordinary)
    but alas i did find one of their names and this led me to read the other 2 guy's messages
    so a while back when we had this small fight ,she didnt have her phone with her and so she was messaging everyone on facebook and then i've seen at the time we were fighting (not talking to each other) she sent a hi to these 3 guys and started a conversation and even asked one of these guys to meet her up and to catch a movie with her..
    so she clearly went back on her word and it pissed me off this time although it was wrong to look at her messages , i did find something that angered me
    I really think i am in love with her and would want to know how to confront her and resolve this issue so that it would never happen again and so that i would be able to trust her again
    Thanks

Party, you can't trust a girl who does this. When a person shows you who they are, believe them.

With me its always great and we have an amazing time together and i notice she only does this when we have fights
    the other times when we had fights she had her phone and probably she texts these guys or maybe she even met the guy who lives in the same town as her which is where i live too
    I'm speculating the latter part but from her past behavior it seems very likely.
    But cant she change if I confront her ?

Dude grow some balls and dump her ass. It's obvious she isn't ready for a long term committed relationship. She loves the attention and you can't change that. So stop your complaining and to let her go.

"she only cheats when we fight. Should I stay with her?"

break up with her. you set boundaries and she broke them. you cant trust her. plus you seem to fight a lot. cant remember every fighting like this with my bf...it doesnt sound like a good relationship to me
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".

She's not being spiteful; that implies she only talks to these guys because she's angry with you. She's simply using your arguments as an excuse to do what she wants to do.

You're only fooling yourself. This is not love. Love is nothing without trust and you can't trust someone who will run into the arms of someone else at the first sign of trouble. Even if she seems to be doing it only because she's angry with you, only perhaps to make you jealous - it's game playing and childish. Do you really want to be checking her phone and facebook and whatever every time you have a disagreement? Can you really be happy if in your heart you're always wondering?

If you confront her over this, her reaction will simply be to text more guys.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.