+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are girls supposed to be so boring to talk to?

Are girls supposed to be so boring to talk to?

Case in point, texting a girl right now. Have had numbers of conversations with her, almost all unilateral in direction. It's almost always only a Q & A session with only rarely getting in something about one's self. Why are girls brought up to be so self-centered? Yeah, I am sure there's a tinge of irony there but really, I grew up with the idea of involving the other person in interactions. But with girls, who insist that us guys should treat them like they're human beings, always act as if everything they say is gold.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

YC, this isn't a gender based problem. Believe it or not, there are also many men who also don't know to ask questions of the person with whom they are conversing. I don't know if it's because they really aren't interested in having a conversation wit us or if it's because they are socially clueless.

Male or female - if you see this problem, move on.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I don't see too many guys with that problem although yes, I have seen it. With girls, it's a lot more prevalent. And anyway, I can't move on: this is the only girl I am talking to right now and can reasonably expect to be talking to for the next 6-8 decades.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

The whole male contingent of my former staffroom was like that except for one. Perhaps it was the age difference and they didn't see any reason to talk with an old girl like me??

It's also gotta be said that text is a really bad way to have a conversation. I find all texting to be stilted, awkward and boring - no matter what the sex
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Text really is bad, I agree. Hopefully she gets back to me on a meet tomorrow. Judging by her habits, however, it seems likely that she'll be similarly self-centered in person, too.

Well then, move on and find the next girl on the dating site. And you've talked with plenty of girls so far, so there WILL be more. Guys can be picky too!

One by one every single one has not panned out. All that's left is this one. It all rides on this girl I don't even really like.

It isn't that girls are boring it is TEXTING is boring Srsly. I cannot stand to text for an extended period with anyone, I said it before noting beats face to face interaction and 2nd best landline to landline talking. No cells involved. I admit I can be a dullard, lol. But I also like to talk, find out about others so I ask questions and try hard to interact and be present in any conversation I am having.
    “The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.”

GOOD ****ing news. She stood me up too!

****ing fell off my bike and broke it, thanks to getting stood up by that ****ing fatty.

YC, you should hookup with "plainjane" she apparently has low self esteem like you and can't get a boyfriend.(Or is that the other YC? o.O)

Rofl. She's too attractive for a guy like me.

So why are girls not taught to communicate earlier in the day that they MAY not be available to meet as agreed? 3 times I was FINALLY going to meet a girl and be happy...each time, they didn't show. Why is this? Are men not human beings? Are men not worthy of respect and courtesy? What is it with this vaginocracy? Vaginas are ugly, putrid little hairy mudholes. The better holes on a woman are the anus and their mouth.

Cosmo, the secret to why it is you don't get dates is right here on this thread in your own posts.

No. It isn't as though my posting here randomly puts this message in girls' heads: "Hm, I should come up with an excuse to ditch tomorrow/later today and not even tell him so he's waiting there an hour and a half for no good reason and then breaks his bike on the way back from visiting my fat ass."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast